cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment declined but money still taken out

shaym01
Just Moved In

I have no idea how to start about this but on Sept 28, 2020, I have tried to make a payment around 1am and I had no idea they were fixing their online payment server. I tried to make a payment twice but my credit card was declined those both times, however, they still managed to take money out of my bank account. The payment has not been applied to my Telus mobility bill except for the third attempt. Has anyone had this issue? And have any way to go about this?

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero

Contact customer service and they should be able to fix it. I prefer using online Chat. Just reply with "speak to a real person" to any question the bot asks you to connect to a real person.

VannaG
Just Moved In
Late to reply but just had this happen to me.

I paid through My Telus, declined three times (Visa Debit), checked my account and all 3 times the money was taken.

The end result for me was waiting 24 hrs to see if the payment was posted on Telus's end but it did not. Now I have to dispute it through my bank to get all three payments back.

I guess it doesn't happen often but it happens. The payment services representative told me that most likely my payment is stuck in limbo.

I am referencing my experience for any future searchers that are looking for an answer.

Yes this happened to me I paid on Sunday through the app but got an error at the end but the money was still taken out. Telus basically keeps saying they never received it. My bank said it processed normally. Now I am stuck with late payments and charges. I don't to pay again and have the money taken out twice till I sort the other one. So frustrating.