10-15-2015 02:48 AM
I intend to get a pay-per-use plan;
1. Will I be able to call & text outside of Victoria? Also, will I be charged the long-distance rates outside of Victoria?
2. Will I be able to apply for the add ons eg Data10 and use them outside of Victoria?
3. Do I have to top up before 30 days? Is $10 is the minimum amount?
10-15-2015 03:33 AM - edited 10-15-2015 03:35 AM
#1: The plans include local minutes and may include roaming if you are away from your home area and long distance charges if calling outside your area. Depending on which pre-paid plan you choose, Canada-wide text messaging is typically included. See Pre-Paid Plans page or talk to a rep at the Telus Store.
#2: Should be able to
For #3, that's answered in a few places, including the support page and the terms of service at the bottom of the Pre-paid Plans page
If you have your own unlocked phone, maybe check out Koodo's plan. It's not pre-paid but has 200 national minutes (no long distance charges, unlimited evenings and weekends) and 100MB of data for $30/mo.
10-15-2015 10:39 AM
To add to the comments of @Nighthawk
1. You will pay long distance charges when you call an out of area number or you are out of area and make a non-local call. You can use prepaid anywhere in Canada on the Telus network.
2. You can use add-ons anywhere in Canada. There are no out of area costs for data or texts.
3. Best value in prepaid is the $100 annual top up. Works out to about $8 per month, and is great for those needing only a few minutes for calling or texting. You would need to set a reminder so your balance remains each year.
The minimum is $10. We buy a $10 top up each 30 days, get a $10 data add-on, which nets us lower minute costs, and every few months I add a $10 of $25 card to keep enough minutes for our needs. This lets SWMBO message and call as necessary.