cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of province calls...

digixtra
Just Moved In

Hello all..

I'm going to go to another province for 1 week (going from Vancouver to Montreal). My current plan does not cover any long distance calls. What is the charge for making local Motreal calls or calling back to Vancouver? or anyone has better suggestion please do... 

Thanks 

Kent T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pamely
Ambassador

Hey! 

Let me tell you, there is a package that is named Natiowide 20, which converts all your minutes into LD. if you desire to have it only for one week you can add it on your online account and remove it once you are back. at the end you will be paying $0.66 per day, because Telus is going to do a proration. 

if your trip cross your closing date you might get charge the month in advance in your next bill but next month once you remove it you will get your credit back. now if your trip is not close to your closing date you dont have to worry about, you will get charged only for the days you used the service. If you have unl texting and data these services are already nationwide, you just need to work on your minutes. Hope this will help you.!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Depends on how many calls and/or how many minutes.

• If it's just one quick 30 second call for your entire week.  It's not worth getting a plan.
  • text msgs and emails may be a simplier way to stay in touch
  • Skype is a great way to stay in touch once you have wifi
  • Check out this link.  For $10 you get 100 minutes.  For $20 you get unlimited!
    http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/calling_services/longdistance.shtml

Pamely
Ambassador

Hey! 

Let me tell you, there is a package that is named Natiowide 20, which converts all your minutes into LD. if you desire to have it only for one week you can add it on your online account and remove it once you are back. at the end you will be paying $0.66 per day, because Telus is going to do a proration. 

if your trip cross your closing date you might get charge the month in advance in your next bill but next month once you remove it you will get your credit back. now if your trip is not close to your closing date you dont have to worry about, you will get charged only for the days you used the service. If you have unl texting and data these services are already nationwide, you just need to work on your minutes. Hope this will help you.!

View solution in original post