Ottawa LTE Network

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

My experience in Ottawa is large areas where the LTE signal is only 1 bar resulting in my phone having to use 3G. This has been going on since the LTE network was created in Ottawa.

Culprit zones are the north side of the Glebe between Bronson and Bank, long stretches along hunt club road (particularly between Merivale rd and Bank street), Barrhaven, and many others. The coverage maps on the Telus website shows the entire city plus outer communities have FULL LTE coverage...but this has never been the experience.

Are you guys going to fix this problem? My friends on other networks don't have this issue at all. My patience is running thin on this matter.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

Ottawa Telus Cell tower locations

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=45.418055&lng=-75.703089&zoom=13&type=roadm...

Drill down and  satellite view(then google street view) should show where the towers/antennas are, for determining signal blockage/coverage.

No mention of your type of phone, as some(like iPhone) have issues with LTE networks. Only one radio(3G or 4G) can be on at a time. Etc.....

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful

Hi, are you able to compare your LTE service with other Telus mobile users? Were you ever able to use LTE before on this same device but in a different area? Are you having more issues indoors? To fix this issue, it helps if you're able to find out if it's a network or a hardware issue.  You can also visit a Telus store and compare with other Telus mobile users, if it's not your device, Telus will be able to create an investigation request for your service issue.

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

Ottawa Telus Cell tower locations

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=45.418055&lng=-75.703089&zoom=13&type=roadm...

Drill down and  satellite view(then google street view) should show where the towers/antennas are, for determining signal blockage/coverage.

No mention of your type of phone, as some(like iPhone) have issues with LTE networks. Only one radio(3G or 4G) can be on at a time. Etc.....

Highlighted
Most Helpful

Hi, are you able to compare your LTE service with other Telus mobile users? Were you ever able to use LTE before on this same device but in a different area? Are you having more issues indoors? To fix this issue, it helps if you're able to find out if it's a network or a hardware issue.  You can also visit a Telus store and compare with other Telus mobile users, if it's not your device, Telus will be able to create an investigation request for your service issue.

Highlighted
Resident

I am sitting at my desk in a building located at the corner of Laurier Ave W and Metcalfe St in downtown Ottawa and my iPhone 4 is showing 3G for the network with four bars (dots now) showing. Obviously this is not 4G right?

Highlighted

Hello totonicki, regarding your 3G/4G issue, is your device showing 4G in some places or never? Some older phones will connect to 4G but the phone will still display 3G. How is your internet on the phone?

If you think something's wrong in your area, feel free to download the TELUS network experience application in your phone and send a report from it. If it's a network issue, it will help for sure.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@totonicki wrote:

I am sitting at my desk in a building located at the corner of Laurier Ave W and Metcalfe St in downtown Ottawa and my iPhone 4 is showing 3G for the network with four bars (dots now) showing. Obviously this is not 4G right?

The iPhone 4/4S does not support LTE.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident
I got so frustrated with LTE in Ottawa I turned mine off in the settings. Web pages took 3 to 4 times longer to load if they worked at all. When I switch to 3G, no issue. I amusing an iPhone 5s which I would hope cod handle LTE easily