Mobile internet Key-more plans please?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I have an internet key and recently I've been using it more and so my bill has gone way up 😞

I was hoping there could be more plans for heavier usage(over 10GB). I would love to stay with Telus, but I am looking for something less expensive. My options are very limited, it would be great if Telus could add more to their plans, like 15GB or even 20GB, instead of capping it at 10GB and then 0.05$ per MB over. I would love a plan that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg when I go over 10GB!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

The internet key is the only internet at home right now. As I live in a rural area my choices are limited. I don't watch movies or shows on the internet but I do use it every day. 10gb over a month is somewhere around 300mb/day, which in my case is not a lot since it it's the only internet access I have

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Other options such as satellite or point to point Internet might be more cost effective. Wireless mobility is an expensive way to have fixed internet service.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

All Replies
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
10gb is a lot of data. Have you considered supplementing the usage with home wifi/internet, work and public internet facilities?

Also how are you consuming this data? Watching multiple HD movies on the bus?

A warning, some carriers offer unlimited data, it may only be 2g with limited coverage.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

The internet key is the only internet at home right now. As I live in a rural area my choices are limited. I don't watch movies or shows on the internet but I do use it every day. 10gb over a month is somewhere around 300mb/day, which in my case is not a lot since it it's the only internet access I have

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Other options such as satellite or point to point Internet might be more cost effective. Wireless mobility is an expensive way to have fixed internet service.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"