cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS group messages not working when WiFi calling is enabled (Galaxy S21)

risorial
Just Moved In

Within the last week or so, group texts (MMS) have stopped working properly on my S21. I narrowed it down to when WiFi calling is enabled. Phone calls work as expected, as do regular text messages (SMS). I have restarted the phone, reset network settings, cleared cache/data for the messaging app, tried switching from Samsung's messaging app to Google's, and same issue. Turning off WiFi calling is the only way to get MMS working properly again. 

I will get notifications of new MMS messages coming in, individually from each member where it will ask me to download the message, but if you click download it just spins until a network failure message comes up. If I turn off WiFi calling and click download again, it will properly grab the MMS message and put it in the group chat as expected.

Nothing else has changed with my home network that would explain this. I am using Telus fiber internet as well. 

I'm a fairly technical guy so I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps for network issues but it seems like the connection for MMS is simply being blocked somewhere along the network. Any suggestions? Is this just me or is anyone else having this issue recently too?

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you installed any recent updates to the S21?

Found this:

Group chat and picture texts - Samsung Community - 2518315

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Yes, my phone auto updates and timing seems about right with an update. Thanks for that find, I've subscribed to the thread though it doesn't seem to have a resolution associated with it yet.