cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Telus Support Getting Worse?

Chrisq
Organizer

Consider this a vent, I have run out of ideas, call tree options, and patience to resolve a very simple issue.

I got a pre paid mobility account for my son under my name. Time came for an online top up, wont accept my credit card information. Tried to register the card online, wont accept it either.

Called in and waited for about an hour until I was conencted to a call center that was so incredibly noisy I could barely hear the person I was talking to. The thick accent only made matters worse. He asked me to enter my credit card via a secure system and it failed. Transferred me to billing, waited 45 mins and same story. Told me my credit card was the problem.

Called my credit card provider, everything checks out. I use this credit card daily and have 3 other Telus accounts which sucessfully charge to it ( I know, the new service fees will kill me). Called back again. 75 minutes later I get through. There was a brief connection to another noisy call center, followed by 5 seconds of hold music followed by 20 minutes of ringing...until it disconnected.

Seriously...wtf. Im trying to GIVE Telus money, not fighting for a refund. This organization has become too big to manage all its customers in a professional manner. Im totally stuck. Have this phone that is useless because I cant make a trivial $25 payment. But hey, they pull almost $400 monthly for my other services without credit card issues.

Any ideas out there? Does Telus review these posts? Whats their means of customer feedback? I couldnt find any means to get ahold of anyone without going through that ditzy "AI" call assistant garbage that gets most of the voice prompts wrong anyways. 

Thanks for listening

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rc
Rockstar

I had a similar problem with prepaid and my work around was to purchase a prepaid voucher and apply it to the account. I think I purchased the voucher at London drugs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also connect with their staff through the chat function (see Contact Us at page bottom) social media, TELUSSupport on Twitter, Or through their Facebook Page. All of these are far less painful than waiting on hold.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

rc
Rockstar

I had a similar problem with prepaid and my work around was to purchase a prepaid voucher and apply it to the account. I think I purchased the voucher at London drugs