cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call issue with Telus extend.

eschielke
Neighbour

When I get an incoming call with Telus extend, the extend app rings but when I hit answer it will not connect. The person calling then gets a busy signal. 

Anyone else having this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Islander
Just Moved In

When I receive an incoming call, both the app and my phone ring. I can't seem to get to the app to answer on Telus Extend. The screen shows my phone with the app ringing in a banner at the top. Any solutions?

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Islander which device model would you be using? There's some basic level troubleshooting that the community might be able to help with but we'll need a few more details.

Also, as obvious as this might seem, are you connected to Wi Fi during these calls? If not, connect to Wi Fi and try again. 

Extend is still in beta testing so your best bet might be to contact the dedicated beta support team via: 1-866-558-2273; you'll then get an option to select "TELUS Extend" as an opotion.

Islander
Just Moved In

I am using iPhone 5c. Yes, connected to wifi and screen shows a missed call on extend. I can't see any way to set a preference re incoming calls on iPhone or on the Telus extend app.

helpful_panda
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Thanks for trying TELUS Extend and providing your feedback!  Sorry it's taken so long for us to get back to you.

The experience you described is commonly associated with using TELUS Extend while in a poor coverage area. We are aware of this, and are working on finding ways to optimize client experience prior to the public release of TELUS Extend. Thanks for your patience.