I need Wi-Fi!! Please help :)

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi there,

I have recently moved into an apartment without internet service. I am unable to have Wi-Fi as there is no phone jack and I also do not own a mobile phone to have use my data. 

Basically I am travelling and was thinking of purchasing an unlocked iPad and would then purchase a data plan through an internet provider.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Telus and is there a way I could find out the plans?

I'm abit useless when it comes to stuff like this!

Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at Telus tablet plans to see if they would meet your needs for connectivity.

Does the apartment have other connectivity options, such as Ethernet or coax? Who is the TV provider?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at Telus tablet plans to see if they would meet your needs for connectivity.

Does the apartment have other connectivity options, such as Ethernet or coax? Who is the TV provider?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rockstar

An ipad with SIM card would work but it would only serve out data two two devices and would be a bit awkward   - the first thing I would do in your situation would be to find out what other people in the building do for internet.  Usually "the locals" are a good source of information.   If you want to get internet from Telus Mobility, you might be better served by something called an Internet hub.  

ZTE MF275R Smart Hub $150 - it would give you internet and give you a phone line (you have to buy a phone) Novatel Wireless MiFi 7000 This would just give you wi fi, but it is very small and you'd find it quite portable..