How to contact mobility Sales???

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

LandonW
Just Moved In

Hi,

I'm currently a rogers customer with an expired contract and looking to switch to Telus.

I had an absolutely great experience with Telus Internet and the support/sales staff there, however I've had the complete opposite experience while trying to get a Telus phone. I am unable to get a hold of any sales staff and just end up talking to an automated machine before being put on hold for 30 minutes before I finally give up (2 days in a row now). 

My situation is slightly complicated, as I wish to bundle up my girlfriends phone, my phone and our internet, all with Telus. So switching online would not work, leading me to call. There is only 1 phone number i can find for the mobile services and this just ends up in frustration of being on hold. 

At any rate, this is my last ditch effort on trying to contact someone before I try with Bell or Rogers. 

Any help would be appreciated...

Landon

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I guess I never really answered your question! Sorry! You can chat us or the direct line to sales is 1-888-692-8888 their hours are 

• Mon – Fri: 9am to midnight EST
  • Sat: 10am to 7pm EST 
  • Sun closed
Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

All Replies
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Mobility_Princess will likely stop by soon with advice on how best to effect the bundling of your services. 

Since this Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you, we have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise. For account matters you will need to connect with Telus staff more directly through a phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter, as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Geeze sorry to hear all that! Before you contact anyone or if you did already, some things that should be clarified!

1. Both the home and mobile account have to be in the same name to get the home and mobile discount. Now this is gonna get complicated! For each account, only one person can be the primary account holder. This person is the one who has had the credit check done and is legally and financially responsible. Essentially the person whose credit takes the hit for late payments etc. We can authorize one or more people to make changes and call in and such but, the second person will not be able to cancel the account and will have a limitation on how much additional services they could add in your name. So think of who you want to be the main person on the account. If you the home services is already in that person's name then great! You can just proceed in contacting mobility and I'll give you all the sales options in section 3. If not. see section 2. 

2. Since you're here, you've decided the other person should be the main account holder. You'll need to contact home services first. You want to perform a transfer of ownership! The second person will have to perform a totally new credit check on home services and again on mobility for the new cell phones. 

3. Discounts! Yay! Why you went to all the hassle? You'll get $3 per service discount. However, on mobility that doesn't mean per phone. It means whole account. So if you have tv, internet and 3 cell phones. The total discount will be $12. The discount shows up on the home services bill, not anywhere on the mobility bill. Again, contrary to popular belief, you are not automatically bundled when you sign up! You have to contact us after you sign up. The store doesn't know how to do it. Chatting us is probably the easiest because even if there's a wait time you can just sit there with your laptop open and do whatever.

Sales sales sales! Right now is back to school sales so it's really the best time! We have doubled up on the home and mobile discounts. So since you have existing home services and would be adding a phone on a contract you can get $200 off a smartphone on a premium plus contract. (any of the phones under the shop > phones tab that say with a $90 plan) and you will also get a bonus 1gb for the length of the contract. As well, you will get the $15 unlimited data feature on home services free for 24 months. That offer has some exclusions because it's based on the type of internet you currently have. As well Best buy has their friends and family sale all weekend where you get gift cards when you renew with them, so if you weren't eligible for this one you'd get huge incentives at the best buy sale. 

Mobility Client Care Rep
Most Helpful
Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I guess I never really answered your question! Sorry! You can chat us or the direct line to sales is 1-888-692-8888 their hours are 

• Mon – Fri: 9am to midnight EST
  • Sat: 10am to 7pm EST 
  • Sun closed
Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post