Device price match promise

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Luminous
Neighbour
Over Black Friday weekend Rogers had a deal for be contracts, a note 3 for 199.99 on a two year contract with the option to buy a galaxy gear for 49.99 with select phones.

The local Telus said the Device price match promise did not apply... Is that correct?

If it is not correct can I still have that deal honoured?
WongTong
Ambassador

With proof of promo, the store should be able to price match any device promo on a 2 year contract, if the rate plan is equal or lesser than Telus'. However, if the promo is no longer available, they probably won't apply it anymore

Most Helpful
Luminous
Neighbour
The fact that the promo was on when I went in the first time and they told me they would not do it does not matter?

If they would have honoured the deal then I would own it already at that price... Frustrating.
Most Helpful
WongTong
Ambassador

On second thought, if they didn't do it the first time, than probably because they couldn't do it. The price match is theoretically only for the price of the phone itself, not for gifts or accessories that come with it. Sorry

Most Helpful
Luminous
Neighbour
So glad i never signed a contract with a company that won't honour it's own policies. Could have been a rough two years.