cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check

mkrpll11
Just Moved In

On June 13 2020 i signed up for a plan with telus. Upon checking my equifax telus did 2 hard inquiry? One on June 13 2020 and on June 15 2020 is that normal?

2 REPLIES 2

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @mkrpll11 ,

Great question. Typically there should only be one credit check done.

Here are some possible scenarios where you may have had two credit checks done...

• Spoke to a TELUS representative on June 13, decided to think about it, called back on June 15, and both times you provided your SIN, Drivers Licence, and or Credit Card to create an account.

• Attempted to activate on June 13 online, encountered an error, spoke to a TELUS representative on June 15, and both times you provided your SIN, Drivers Licence, and or Credit Card to create an account.

• Activated multiple accounts or multiple service categories (Mobility, Home Services, Smart Home Security, ADT by TELUS).

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

KevinF
Just Moved In

Check TransUnion also. I would dispute it. Happened to me once, it was removed. They have to get consent from you any time an inquiry is done.

The purpose of doing a credit check is to see if you were approved or not. Sounds like a glitch.