cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Agent - Setting up payment arrangement

ShawnH
Helpful Neighbour

Hello Good morning everyone 

I need some help please or advice. I chatted with a Telus agent yesterday who set up a payment arrangement with me and said I would receive an email confirmation after of the dates and amounts. I did not receive the email, so I started another chat to ask another agent to confirm the payment arrangement and send me the email for proof. I wanted to have proof to secure my services. The agent told me that she saw no notes and no arrangements set up. She also said that the chat team cannot set up payment arrangements and only can be done on the phone. The chat agent that helped me said she called the "financial team" to ask if they can set up the payments and they approved, She even restated it and told me it was confirmed and I would get the email, I believed her. Why would she lie to me? She also asked me to fill out a survey for her and I did with excellent reviews which is wrong now. This is so wrong. A manager should look up this chat and help me out and also prevent this from happening. Agents are tricking customers telling them their services are secured and it is not! How terrible of them. I really cant believe this happened. I am going to chat again today to ask for help and even call if I have to. There has to be proof of this. It is not fair. 

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Your best bet would be to call our Payment Arrangement team directly. You can dial #227 from your TELUS cellphone or 1-800-777-1888 and they'll take care of you.

ShawnH
Helpful Neighbour

Hi Thanks for your reply. Yes I see I will have to call. However I wonder how this is allowed for chat agents to claim they gave a payment plan to secure services and did not do it. I will also escalate this incident. It is so terrible to do this to a person, if I did not check I my services would have been cut off because I would have been thinking I had payments set up on dates. I hope a manager can look up the chat and see the proof of what the agent did to me. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Totally hear you. Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. Appreciate your patience with this.

ShawnH
Helpful Neighbour

I went on chat again and explained what happened and another chat agent helped me and I got the confirmation email this time. So it is resolved now. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, thanks for the update. Apologies for the inconvenience of that. Glad to hear things got sorted!