Call Screening on mobile

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

sanjobie
Resident

I know there is a way to enable call screening on land lines for specific numbers, but does this exist for mobile as well? I know that I can block a number right from my android device, but this sends the call directly to voicemail. I want a specific caller to only hear a busy signal and not be able to fill up my voicemail when calling. Changing my number is not an option presently. TIA!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Which phone do you have and what operating system is on it?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User
To my knowledge there isn't an app any longer to block calls going to voicemail. On android there was extreme call blocker (no longer blocks voicemail) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greythinker.punchback&hl=en

All the apps in the Playstore will answer and hangup on the call silently. But seems none can stop going to voicemail.

Besides leaving your mailbox full, or changing your number there isn't much recourse..
Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can, of course, flow your calls through a VoIP provider, which allows far more control of calling.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
sanjobie
Resident

Samsung S8 with the latest updates.