Better data package

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I currently have the6Gb Data on my phone and find myself continually going over . Its costly as it is my only source for internet (Rural Area). Does telus have a better Data package . Do they have an unlimited one Talked to a fellow whom said he had unlimited from Telus Is it so. I actually make few calls or message mostly internet. Com on telus your making me internet poor. Hope this is posted in the right place?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may wish to look at satellite internet or point ot point internet as a more cost effective solution. Using a service designed to provide MOBILE connectivity at a fixed location is a pricy option.

There are a number of other discussions on this topic in these forums.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may wish to look at satellite internet or point ot point internet as a more cost effective solution. Using a service designed to provide MOBILE connectivity at a fixed location is a pricy option.

There are a number of other discussions on this topic in these forums.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Ambassador

Telus do not offer unlimited data packages, your friend is likely on a corporate account and simply not aware their employer is paying overage. The largest data bucket they offer on a smartphone is 10GB with SharePlus plans for a total monthly cost of $140 if you have a Smartphone + unlimited nationwide calling & texting. 

If you're really looking for a home internet replacement you should check out their SmartHubs which have larger data options.