Did you mean: 

Best plans suitable for 3 phones without mortgaging the house

ll70
Neighbour

Best plans suitable for 3 phones without mortgaging the house

6 REPLIES 6

ll70
Neighbour

Can someone tell me what is the best plan for 3 phones needing text and data sharing

@ll70 wrote:

Can someone tell me what is the best plan for 3 phones needing text and data sharing

Hi ll70,

It all depends on your needs. For example how much data do you need?

I highly recommend visiting the following website:

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/share-plus.jsp

After getting an idea, feel free to either visit one of our Sales Reps at a local Telus store

Or give us a call at:

On your TELUS mobile phone: Dial *611

Canada: 1-866-558-2273

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

GrimConch
Helpful Neighbour

If you're looking at the higher-tier smartphone category, there's not a ton of choice in plans. You get the SharePlus plans, which are $60 per line and then you add however much data you need between them all. That's a minimum of $200/mo. It may be more practical, though, to get more budget-friendly phones like the Moto G which don't have a minimum plan requirement. Then you can get whichever plans you like.

I would say just go with the individual plans the family plans are more money.

tsizzle
Leader

Shareplus plans are your best bet, you'll save money on the data vs. buying individual plans.

If you have 3 lines, (let's assume 2xiPhone 5s & 1x GS3), cost per line:

2 x $60

1x $50

+ probably need at least 2GB of data ($30) = $200.

All phones would also have unlimited nationwide calling & texting, if you buy the phones outright its $40 per line vs. $50/60. If all 3 are mid-value phones & $50 per month, the math vs. Individual plans:

$180 total cost on Shareplus (same data as above) 

vs.

3 x $60 plan with 500MB & 1000 minutes <--- less data and not unlimited calling

I guess it also depends on where you live, i live in Saskatchewan and get a better rate than that.