Apple Watch Plan for Corporate Accounts

mike5
Connector

I called in and was told my employer had blocked activation of Apple Watches. I followed up internally and was told that they weren't going to allow it. Smiley Sad

krazy_leb
Neighbour

My employer has allowed it. So that is not the road block. 

Would really like to hear from someone at TELUS what the hold up is for some watches

Hi @krazy_leb, although we don't have detailed information that can be shared with regard to the root cause of the issue, there should be a workaround in place with our Client Care team to allow for your watch to be activated.

Have you contacted our team at 1-866-558-2273 in the past few days? They should be able to help.

I've also sent you and @technbio a PM as well to gather additional information. Thanks!

technbio
Connector

I've send you a private email with info i receive from wbs Solutions Center and my personal info...Thanks

krazy_leb
Neighbour

@DanR PM sent. Thanks

cyberdeath
Connector

Hi, I called in and they told me it would be 4 days....they indicated that they had to wait for my IMEI to be recognized by the system?  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

krazy_leb
Neighbour

4 days for a database update seems a little much. But I don't understand the in's and out's so who knows. 

Someone on this thread said it would be updated Monday. Not sure if that was true...

Ronwatch
Connector
When I spoke to Telus they told me that they’re working with Apple to fix the problem.
technbio
Connector

I've talk with some technician level 3 this morning he apologize for the delay it was suppose to work yesterday but he told me for tomorrow..hope it will works...

Ronwatch
Connector
Ok I hope it works out for you soon. Let us know.

Hey @cyberdeath, the fix should hopefully take less time than that. Unfortunately in some cases specific IMEIs need to have the fix applied, which is likely the case with yours. It's more than likely that your request has already been sent, so if you're still having issues once those 4 days have elapsed, please contact our technical support team at 1-866-558-2273 and one of our team members will be able to follow-up on the request. You'll likely not need to, though!

cyberdeath
Connector
Thanks, just a little frustrating I spent all morning on the phone. Hopefully someone gives me a call back and I can finally add my watch.

I hear you @cyberdeath, please feel free to PM with your phone number and I'll make sure that you get that call. 

cyberdeath
Connector

Thanks again@DanR, PM'ed you my phone number.

RunaroundJoe
Neighbour

Called into client care on May 28th, nobody aware that TELUS had launched Business Apple Watch Series 3 '' support'. It's been 5 business days, several calls, hours on hold, staff absolutely clueless about the activation process. Finally, a e-mail from Raj from Client Service ( ccmpartner@telus.com ) claiming the reason they can't activate the first watch is that TELUS is assuming because the IMEI is not in their system, then the hardware ( watch) ''MUST BE'' from the USA or BELL Canada..and they won't activate! I tell him it was from Apple Canada..now they want proof of purchase, for every watch. I called Apple to fact check this, Apple said it's a TELUS issue and they are making their business customers jump extra hoops and has NOTHING to do with the hardware. Apple Canada said the Apple Watch Series 3 Model A1860 (38mm) and Model A1861 (42mm) are all the SAME, for USA, Canada, and PUERTO RICO. Telus and Bell are the officially supported carriers in Canada, Europe and China have separate model numbers and different band support, and of course TELUS cant activates those. We have over 20 staff members and at the time 5 months ago got these for gifts and some purchased them self, now Telus is refusing to activate any of them without Proof of purchase. Time to port out? or time for TELUS to bring service back to its customers who pay thousands a month. !

Nautilus
Connector

Might be a good plan to switch - Telus is charging $10 a month.  Bell only charges $5.

technbio
Connector

Just received a email from WBS service.. say that i've been contact by a technician and they works on it with apple..no date..getting worst ..since may 28 ..if the problem is the watch tell me i'll go at apple store..how it could takes more then six workings  days to update a data base with imei number...

Community Power User
Community Power User
@Nautilus
The TELUS plan also includes an additional 1GB of data, which the Bell plan does not. The value of this data will, of course, vary among users.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
RunaroundJoe
Neighbour
Another day, still no solution. Asked to wait asked to wait 24- 48 hours.. again
RunaroundJoe
Neighbour
If we could ever get our plans loaded to our Apple Watch e-sim’s, yeah.