cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Family Setup Plans

tbirdmark
Just Moved In

Hi,

When is Telus expected to offer family apple watch plans to support the new Family Setup feature with children's apple watches? I want to add an extra apple watch to my current phone, and let it have a different phone number.

Why wasn't there any Canadian providers offering this service at launch?

Thank you,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Apple's list of currently supported countries and carriers for the Family Setup plans: https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/#table-family-setup

Apple's past releases have always started in a limited number of countries before expanding to more. This isn't the first time Canada has been skipped for the initial release of a feature or service by Apple.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

Hahahahahahahahaha

Do you ask this in jest?  Every time there is a new feature, no Canadian carrier is first out the gate.  And when things do get introduced in Canada, it is rarely Telus anywhere near the starting gate.

Maybe ask in about 2022. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Apple's list of currently supported countries and carriers for the Family Setup plans: https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/#table-family-setup

Apple's past releases have always started in a limited number of countries before expanding to more. This isn't the first time Canada has been skipped for the initial release of a feature or service by Apple.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

lyogi
Just Moved In
I spoke to an agent this past week about another matter. She says that they received training on this feature in March. Expecting something soon.

kareshi
Just Moved In

It is available now

It’s available on consumer accounts but not business accounts for some reason…