cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Caller ID on a mobile device

eskat386
Neighbour

Is is possible to set up Anonymous Caller ID (http://telus.com/content/help/home-phone-support/calling-features/anonymous-caller-id.jsp) on a mobile Smart phone, or is this only available for home phones? If it is available, how do I set it up?

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

m_ols
Ambassador

If you would restrict your mobile # please call *611, a rep can add the free caller ID restrict for you. You can also do it on a per call basis by dialing #31# then the 10 digit #.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but the clarify, I do not want ot restrict my number. I want people calling from private numbers to have to reveal their number before the call goes through to my phone. This is referred to as Anonymous Caller ID on the Telus website, and in the link I posted below for the home phone service. I want something like this that is described:

"Callers with "Private" or "Unknown" numbers will hear: "The number you are calling subscribes to a service that does not accept calls from unidentified numbers. To continue, press 1 to display your number, or press 2 and stay on the line to record your name."

Once the Private/Unknown caller states their name the call will ring through. Pick up the phone and say 'Hello' to trigger the following recording: "You have a call from [name]. Please press the # key now for instructions.""

Can I set something like this up on mobile, or is it only for home phones?

It's only available on home phones, not with mobility.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@eskat386 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but the clarify, I do not want ot restrict my number. I want people calling from private numbers to have to reveal their number before the call goes through to my phone. This is referred to as Anonymous Caller ID on the Telus website, and in the link I posted below for the home phone service. I want something like this that is described:

"Callers with "Private" or "Unknown" numbers will hear: "The number you are calling subscribes to a service that does not accept calls from unidentified numbers. To continue, press 1 to display your number, or press 2 and stay on the line to record your name."

Once the Private/Unknown caller states their name the call will ring through. Pick up the phone and say 'Hello' to trigger the following recording: "You have a call from [name]. Please press the # key now for instructions.""

However, if you let it go to voicemail, the number will become visible to you. Just check your VM list.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

That's really too bad. I have someone that keeps calling from a private number and spamming my voicemail, so I was hoping to somehow block them without having to block all private calls.

Would be great if Anonymous caller ID could be extended to cell phones!

6 REPLIES 6

m_ols
Ambassador

If you would restrict your mobile # please call *611, a rep can add the free caller ID restrict for you. You can also do it on a per call basis by dialing #31# then the 10 digit #.

Hi,

It's only available on home phones, not with mobility.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@eskat386 wrote:

Hi,

However, if you let it go to voicemail, the number will become visible to you. Just check your VM list.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi, this isn't an offered service for mobile customers. Maybe this will be available in the future.

That's really too bad. I have someone that keeps calling from a private number and spamming my voicemail, so I was hoping to somehow block them without having to block all private calls.

Would be great if Anonymous caller ID could be extended to cell phones!