10GB PLAN for $60 and phone upgrade question?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

"Got through earlier today on chat, asked for the $60 10gig plan, agent said no problem and added it.

My husband got an email confirmation and it's showing $85 for each of our plans. Our contract ended months ago. Now I can't get through. This is beyond frustrating."

I'm sure this can be sorted out once the promotion ends tonight.  Fingers crossed for all of us.

Highlighted
Resident

@10gighappy wrote:

I'm sure this can be sorted out once the promotion ends tonight.  Fingers crossed for all of us.

I sure hope so. I worked at Telus for years so I'm never too positive about anything customer service related lol

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I got through on the phone finally. My first call dropped earlier today after 2hrs. Got connected on the 2nd call after nearly 3hrs on hold. 5 mins later I now have the new plan!. I just mentioned I was calling in this regard.
Highlighted
Neighbour

@shipstrow wrote:

@10gighappy wrote:

I sure hope so. I worked at Telus for years so I'm never too positive about anything customer service related lol

I just got an email confirming $60 rate plan ( I did save the chat in a pdf just in case) and the agent texted me confirming it was all set.

• Promo ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD
    Effective on December 19, 2017

$60.00
  • No charge LD: CAN to CAN

$0.00
  • Family Calling LD

$0.00
  • SMS Unlimited

$0.00
  • 911 Emergency Access Charge

Highlighted
Coach
For those that want to give the email a try, it should be: epp2@telus.com

But make sure to get it submitted by 11:59pm your local time and don’t expect a response right away...probably between 48 and 72 hours..
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Highlighted
Resident

I just sent them a long email about the same thing.  Long time customer, they should be giving us this plan without us even having to ask.  Seriously, savings like this, I have no issues paying off my contract and switching providers.  The savings pay for itself in less than a year.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I can confirm that it is epp2@telus.com.  I got through on the phone after 2 hours and was told the system was down and they could not even access my account and so I should email the above.  Come on Telus, can't you say that in your hold message so I don't have to waste my time there?

I, too, had difficulty understanding what the email in the message was... epb2? app2? apb2?  I had sent an email to epp2 yesterday and got an automated reply from "employee verification service" which doesn't really sound like the right thing, but the CSR confirmed it was but advised me to send it again "just in case."

Highlighted
Resident

Did you  wait on the phone tonight, email them or do the online chat? I can't seem to get through any way! thx

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday and Telus system automatically disconnected me. Was on hold for more than 2 hours today and finally spoke to an agent but he was unable to help due to Telus system freeze. He asked for account and phone numbers and he promised to call back in 1 hour. He never did. At the same time I went online to use the chat feature and I had 27 people ahead of me which was great but my browser refreshed and I lost the connection. I tried to get back in but was behind 1100 people. I waited until 600 and Telus system froze and I lost connection second time. I tried again two more times and was unable to connect. I basically gave up and went to a Bell store across the street at lunch time and within 20 mins I moved my 2 cellphones over to Bell with the 10 GB $60 plan. It’s that simple. I basically save $70 a month for my 2 cellphones compared to Telus which I had only 1GB, 200 mins during the day. Bye bye Telus.
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
BTW, between me and my 3 other friends we ported a total of 8 numbers to Bell $60 10 GB today because we could not stand the BS we received. All within 10-20 mins for each of us. It’s that simple.
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
And it’s month to month, no 2 year contract. Telus, it’s a great business decision to compete with other carriers but you have a very bad execution plan (or no plan). Your people and system weren’t ready to handle the traffic.
Highlighted
Neighbour

I was waiting on both the phone and online chat.  I started out around 600 in line, it was down to just over 20 when they picked up the phone and I cancelled the chat.

Highlighted
Neighbour

And I should add, after talking to the CSR on the phone I ended up emailing them again.  Just to add to the emails they have to go through... sigh...

Highlighted
Resident

That's a question I meant to clarify, too — is MMS included? I hope so. Is anyone able to confirm or deny?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Unlimited MMS

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident
I had the exact same experience, and live quite far from a Telus store. I'm hoping that after years of loyalty to Telus, they will honour the offer.

After my last attempt yesterday, I e-mailed support@telus.com about switching plans and explained my situation. It hasn't bounced back as yet and hopefully they get back to me saying that they will honour the deal.

My wife was able to switch her plan on Virgin mobile within 45 minutes and asked if I wanted to switch to Virgin because we could actually get through to them. Time will tell if my loyalty in Telus was well worth it or misplaced.
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
The longer you stay with one provider the more expensive you pay and the worse plan you get. management are compensated for growing client base that’s why new customers are offered better plan than existing customers. Initially the 10GB $60 plan was only offered to new customers and they quickly changed it due to complaints from existing customers. Rogers taught me this lesson 10 years ago. Loyalty does not get you much these days.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Deleted by author. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

TELUS really flubbed it this time.  After years of pushing the 'Customers First' mantra, weak attempts to boost digital adoption through the feature poor telus.com self-serve portal, lame attempts to get customers to turn off paper-bills & set up pre-authorized payments; the perfect opportunity came along to get everything TELUS wanted for Christmas through the $60 / 10 GB mobile phone plan.  All TELUS had to do was set this up as an online self-serve only offer with all those conditions and your system would have crashed due to the flood of happy new customers signing up.  Instead everything crashed and you spent (presumably) millions acquiring new pissed off customers in the most expensive way possible.  Not only did TELUS demonstrate yet again they are a market follower being the last to jump on the bandwagon, they did exactly the opposite of what they claim to stand for.  The only way to get this plan was to sit on hold for hours if you could get through to the call centre at all, sit on an endless chat queue that kept crashing, or go into one of the stores and wait in a long line.  In my experience *611 didn't even connect, at one point there were over 8000 people in the chat queue ahead of me but the chat kept crashing, when I did find time to go into a store it was empty because the system had just crashed I was informed they couldn't help anyway due to other discounts on my non-contract plan (this was incorrect and demonstrated a general lack of knowledge by the poorly trained staff).  In the end I was able to get the new plan but I have no more loyalty to TELUS and will switch providers when a cheaper plan is offered in the next upcoming price war.  Freedom Mobile's network will only get bigger and their plan is $10 cheaper.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You realize this was a reaction to another Carrier’s offering, not a long term plan, right?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I had been a loyal Telus customer for 19 years.  I have a cell phone and an iPad.  I was about to switch to the 10gb for 60 plan.  I managed to talk to an operator after waiting 8 hours over 3 days.  I was told that the $ 60 plan doesn't apply to me as I share my data between my two devices and there is nothing they can do for me.  I'm now very mad.  Wny can't I get more data for less money??  I'm quitting Telus.  I bought my phone outright so I can switch anytime with ZERO  penalty.  I had it..

Highlighted
Advisor

It's been posted for days now that the plan does NOT have shareable data. None of the carriers that I looked at offered it with that deal. As for why you can't get more data for less? Welcome to Canada. 

Highlighted
Resident
You got it all wrong.
Offer is clear Bring your own phone, Paid off phone and get the offer. If your in contract that mean you can’t, unless u have few months to go and you can pay off your remaining contract balance and get the deal. I have IPhone 7Plus and still have few months to go and they told me I can pay off remaining balance $280.00 and get the offer .
If you would had out of contract on ur old phone, offer is yours.
Highlighted
Resident

It is amazing to me how short sighted Telus has been with the 10gb $60 promotional plan for it's existing customers.  Historically my wife and I had very good service from Telus and have been with them for over 5 years for mobility, TV, and internet.  Over this period we spoke highly of them and even had friends and family sign up due to our positive comments.  Now we have both cancelled our mobility accounts as of yesterday due to poor service surrounding the $60/month 10 gig plan.  We will also be cancelling our Telus internet out of principal as we have no intent of supporting them any longer. 

My wife and I spent at least 8 hours on hold/trying to get a hold of Telus over the weekend trying to switch to the promotional plan (we were not on contract).  Eventually we went into a Telus store after getting fed up with calls to customer service getting dropped.  We had also tried online chat dozens of times but it kept freezing.  At the store they told us we had to call in as we were already customers.  That was after waiting in line for almost an hour at the store!  At this point the BYOD plan seemed like false advertising as there was no way to actually switch onto the advertised plan if you were an existing customer.  Unable to switch over phone, unable to switch over chat, unable to switch at an actual Telus store.  My wife gave up on Monday night and switched to Freedom and I was finally able to get through to a customer service representative via phone on Wednesday but they would absolutely not budge on the offer since it had ended on the 19th.  I explained that we had spent literally an entire day trying to swap our plans on the weekend when the deal was on offer but that made no difference.  Truly unbelievable.  I switched to Fido yesterday and look forward to cancelling our internet plan as well.  Congrats to those who managed to get on this plan.   

Highlighted
Coach
Sorry to hear that. All carriers were overwhelmingly congested over the past few days...not just Telus. And it seems you got a bad rep at the store. Regardless if you were new or an existing customer, stores were able to apply this promo. The Vaughan Mills store in GTA (Ontario) was fantastic. They had a great system going. Four reps were working...one to handle existing customers who wanted to switch to the promo, another to handle new customers who wanted to switch to Telus on the promo, and two more reps to deal with other customer needs. They had two Telus reps on the phone too. For those who wanted the promo, they asked who was existing and who wasn’t. They took down all relavent info from a few people in line simultaneously and worked in batches. It worked really well. YMMV I guess.
Highlighted
Resident
Hi thank you for the reply.
I was able to talk to someone today and they HONOURED it!!

I had my own device was paying $65 for 3GS now $60 for 10Gs.
I’m so happy with them.

Denise

Sent from Denise's iPhone
Highlighted
Resident
Over the last 4-5days I have spent hrs waiting on the phone, I tried to contact with *611 and instant online messanger that won't even work, I might just head to a different vender/provider
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The promotion ended on Tuesday. It's no longer available.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident
Try be a customer for over 20 yrs and just renewed my contact last month and finding out they won't budge one bit unless I by out my new contract. I'm done, next contract is not getting renewed, I'm going elsewhere, they don't care one bit about their customers. Just like they set up these forums and don't read them