10GB PLAN for $60 and phone upgrade question?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Edmontonuser, no other carrier would treat you differently if you were under contract. This offer was for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) customers only.

Telus gave you the option to buy out your contract, in effect giving you full ownership of your phone, so you could take advantage of the offer but you refused. All the other carriers were treat their contract customers the same way. I know because I spoke to a lot of people who were in the same boat as you and none of them could make the move unless they bought out their contracts.

If you are looking for an excuse to leave Telus this isn't it.

Highlighted
Rockstar

So you are complaining because:

A: You have a cheaper rate because you came from Saskatchewan and to keep that cheaper rate that's not offered where you live you can't change plans.  They are being nice letting you keep that cheaper rate and although I wish the rates were the same across the country they are not.

B  You are taking issue with the 10 gig $60 plan because it is BYOD (Bring your own device), which is exactly the SAME as the other carriers are offering.

So you are going to someone else as a provider, who would have treated you exactly the same as Telus did?

Business is a numbers game, and especially when you have 9 million customers, you have to get those numbers right, or you fail.  I'm not defending any particular carrier here, they all have to run their numbers on anything they do - and yes, I know they make a lot of profit....that's not related to this story.

Telus has pretty good service and pretty good coverage.  They treat me fairly.  I also deal with Rogers, and they treat me fairly too.  I don't see how jumping ship is going to change things.  The next time your new provider comes out with a special and you aren't willing to adhere to the terms, are you going to leave them too?

Your "great loyalty" extends as far as you want special treatment and don't think they should be allowed to treat you exactly the same as another carrier would, which in this case, is BYOD.  I just don't get it.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Bill, I don't get it either...why you're trolling. Time to step away from this forum (and/or the internet altogether) and take off, eh!

Highlighted
Rockstar

Not trolling.

The original poster is complaining about Telus merely doing what every other carrier did, which is adhere to the plan.  Not trolling, it is pointing out the obvious.  The customer was not "wronged" in any way.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please take a minute to read the Block rules.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Rockstar

You mean this one?  this would mean that the original post does not comply with the rules, which is my point...the original post is taking out frustrations on Telus and kicking up a storm over them doing nothing wrong.

"We are here to listen and to help. Please try to help us focus on what we can do to help you rather than simply taking out your frustrations on us. Making you happy is our goal."

Highlighted
Neighbour

I received an email Dec 27th saying I was eligible for the $60 10GB plan and would receive a callback in 5-7 days. The callback never came. I replied to the email inquiring and again received no response. I finally called TELUS myself and, three days later, am told that the plan is no longer available. Although the plan seems to have been available the first day I called, but again a lack of response from TELUS delayed things until now. 

Customer service isn't rocket science. Keep your promises.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Surprising, as the deal ended on December 19, that Telus would be still sending offers more than a week later. Had you called in to get the deal, and been offered a call back at the time?  They certainly weren't making cold offers on December 27!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

I tried to contact them on Dec 17 and 18th, but given their problems on the phone and the web chat, was unable to get through. I sent them an email on December 18th indicating I was interested in the plan and had been trying to get through to them without success, and this was what they responded to on Dec 27th. 

Highlighted
Rockstar

You know, I think for all the trouble and abuse the companies have received over this offer, they should forgo such offers in the future. As I've said before, they should let Freedom do what Freedom wants to do, let customers go there, they won't stay there.  Freedom cannot yet offer reliable, wide-range service and it'll be years before they can, if they ever can. Let people make and regret their mistake, then, when those customers come crawling back to the big 3, the big 3 can beat them some more with even higher prices as "deals." Smiley LOL 

Highlighted
Neighbour

I actually had no issue with missing the deal. I figured after I wasn't able to make contact on the 17th or 18th that it was done, and that was fine. But the fact they followed up with an email on December 27th indicating I was eligible for the promotion, and that a customer service representative would call me in 5-7 days, that is the issue. I never received a call. I answered the email and did not receive a response. I called in and would have been able to get the plan on Monday, so set up a callback later that same day, which was never made. They finally called back the next day and the plan was no longer possible. My issue is their customer service. They are a huge company. If they did not have the resources, then don't make the promise in first place. Customer service 101. Keep your promises.

Highlighted
Connector

@LinAnn wrote:

I received an email Dec 27th saying I was eligible for the $60 10GB plan and would receive a callback in 5-7 days. The callback never came. I replied to the email inquiring and again received no response. I finally called TELUS myself and, three days later, am told that the plan is no longer available. Although the plan seems to have been available the first day I called, but again a lack of response from TELUS delayed things until now. 

Customer service isn't rocket science. Keep your promises.

Your mistake was waiting for Telus. Literally every other carrier was matching this offer. You could have walked into any other Carrier's store and been up and running in minutes. That's what my sister did. She was with Koodo but could not get through on the phone. Instead of waiting she went to a Telus store and was signed up with Telus in a few minutes.