Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100 Offer didn't work

MWTelus2017
Just Moved In

Hi!

I've been with Telus for over 3 years.

Eary May of this year I accepted Telus' $100 offer to have friend or family join Telus. I sent it to him in text, and email. His family was all set to follow through with it at the end of the month when their Rogers term was up. I worked through the math and the plans with him. I felt like a Telus agent. Days before switching to Telus they discovered one of his neighbours worked for Telus, and when they told her they were switching to Telus and told her about the offer, she offered to help them with it.

The day came. My friend texted me asking for the code sent again as they were working through the change to Telus. I laughed and joked I was worried that we wouldn't get the promotion because his neighbour was interferring. I scrolled back to find the simple link and sent it to him again. He replied that she entered the code and said it worked. They bought 3 iphone 11s and later this year when a term for another phone is up, they're getting a 4th family member on to Telus. 

This was all just a little over 2 weeks ago. I keep checking my account but it looks to me that I got nothing for it and I'm starting to feel kind of stupid.

What did I do wrong ? ☹️

1 REPLY 1

Berner
Organizer

Hey @MWTelus2017 ,

I think you are referring to the offer shown here: https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/content/refer-a-friend

In order to redeem this offer, there is quite a bit of steps to follow. Some promotions may not be stack-able with others. Perhaps the neighbor who works for Telus provided a different discount which eliminated the one you shared. Or your friend had a TELUS agent process the order. I had a similar experience where I helped a friend activate with TELUS, but when my friend spoke to TELUS, they were offered a different offer which was $10 off for 24 months because they had home services. My friend took that deal since it was $140 more in savings, and left me in the dust. 

If we go back to the website listed above, and click "Show terms and conditions" it displays the following terms. I would suggest reading through and seeing if there was anything which may have voided the offer. 

1. Promotional Offer. Referral process must be completed in its entire (referrals must be sent, claimed, activated and completed) between: May 4th and June 30th, 2020 in order to be eligible for this offer. Offer valid in SK, MB, ON, QC, NB, NS, NFLD, PEI, NWT, YK. A lower credit amount may be offered after the promotional offer expires, at TELUS’ sole discretion. TELUS Mobility reserves the right to modify, extend or cancel offer at any time. Bill credits may vary by province. During the promotional period, referees who activate a phone with TELUS Mobility will receive a total of $100 in bill credit for a successful referral. The person who referred them will also receive a $100 bill credit (limit of 6 successful referrals. If you add a friend or family member to your account, both $100 bill credits will be applied to your account, for a total bill credit of $200 per referral. Offer valid on new mobility activations on in‑market Peace of Mind:trade_mark: and Peace of Mind:trade_mark: Connect. Referees who activate a phone on an in‑market Peace of Mind:trade_mark: and Peace of Mind:trade_mark: Connect with TELUS Mobility will receive a bill credit for a successful referral. Connected accessories, including smart watch and tablet are excluded. When referring subscribers, you must meet the referral program terms and conditions, and send and acknowledge the referral, before activating the line. Referral credits will not be awarded for past activations where the new line was not referred as per referral program terms. TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS' behalf, and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this Program. Visit refer.telus.com/common/terms.pg for full terms and conditions.
  2. Offer available for 2 years. Applicant must have reached the age of majority in their province or territory to be eligible for the program. Cannot be combined with other offers. Offer is subject to change without notice. While quantities last. See complete program terms at cafdn.org/telusmobilityforgood.
  3. Bill credits are applied within 3-4 weeks of process completion.