cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking Moto g

dustyroad987
Just Moved In

Have a pay and talk plan with Telus on a Moto G, which will not work in the USA.  Will Telus unlock this phone so I am able to purchase a prepaid sim card in the USA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dustyroad987 wrote:

Have a pay and talk plan with Telus on a Moto G, which will not work in the USA.  Will Telus unlock this phone so I am able to purchase a prepaid sim card in the USA?

You should be able to, but need to be certain there're sufficient funds in your account so Telus can withdraw the $35.  Why not call and find out?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Unless you are going to Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming or Jellystone.... consider "Roam Mobility" for your USA travels.

Their SIM's allow you to a Canadian Number.

xray
Guardian

From the TELUS mobility web site Understand My Charges

Device Unlock

If you unlock your phone to use with another carrier, the charge is $35* by phone.

This request is not available online or in a TELUS store.

You can get your phone unlocked for less using a 3rd party service (search eBay) but caveat emptor.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dustyroad987 wrote:

You should be able to, but need to be certain there're sufficient funds in your account so Telus can withdraw the $35.  Why not call and find out?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post