unlocking Moto g

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Have a pay and talk plan with Telus on a Moto G, which will not work in the USA.  Will Telus unlock this phone so I am able to purchase a prepaid sim card in the USA?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dustyroad987 wrote:

Have a pay and talk plan with Telus on a Moto G, which will not work in the USA.  Will Telus unlock this phone so I am able to purchase a prepaid sim card in the USA?

You should be able to, but need to be certain there're sufficient funds in your account so Telus can withdraw the $35.  Why not call and find out?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Unless you are going to Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming or Jellystone.... consider "Roam Mobility" for your USA travels.

Their SIM's allow you to a Canadian Number.
Highlighted
Guardian

From the TELUS mobility web site Understand My Charges

Device Unlock

If you unlock your phone to use with another carrier, the charge is $35* by phone.

This request is not available online or in a TELUS store.

You can get your phone unlocked for less using a 3rd party service (search eBay) but caveat emptor.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dustyroad987 wrote:

You should be able to, but need to be certain there're sufficient funds in your account so Telus can withdraw the $35.  Why not call and find out?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post