can I please trade in my current phone for a smart phone?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

cathrynbrown
Resident

wally_west
Ambassador

Hi friend, that's a question that only your mobile provider will be able to answer. Try contacting them over the phone or using their facebook or their twitter page as well.

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Here's a link with their trade-in info http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/services/trade-in/?INTCMP=trade_in 

iPhone power user
wally_west
Ambassador

thank you for the link DarkKnight, I wasn't aware of that Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Tgreencorn
Connector

Depending on what your device is that you have to trade in,minimum of $20.00 and if your current device has a balance that is how you can upgrade to a new smartphone. More information can be found here. In a limited time promotion if you purchase your phone through the telus.com website you may qualify for $250 accessories credit with the trade in of your old phone.

I hope this helps

http://www.telus.com/en/ns/mobility/services/trade-in/?INTCMP=trade_in

Community Power User
Community Power User

Y'all realize the OP has not returned to see if any responses have been left, right?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

@NFtoBC Yes, but at least I helped @wally_west lol 

iPhone power user
xray
All-Star

I've notice a lot of these one-post wonders. They register and post 1 vague questiion with zero details and never log on again. They tend to have titles like "Why doesn't my phone work?" or "Why can't I log on?" or "Why is my plan so expensive?" with no additional information. I'm beginning to wonder if they are just trolls from TELUS's competitors.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Or is it confusion between the search box and the post box?

Maybe if we just ignore them other than a "Please provide more details" statement?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
v9
Rockstar

Would be useful  'cathrynbrown' if Uwrite additional info. The trade in offered by Telus+other carriers is a joke $15-$20 isn't worthy, better donated or scrap it. On the other hand they offer 2nd hand phones, with almost same price as brandnew. When it comes to get a smarphone N' get rid of it - Ur old device is good investment.

Got its pros+cons. You get a better call reception, speaker for more volume, connection to internet as a way to getout more $$ from our pockets.  In addition you spent time learning, how to operate it. But we're in the wireless era N' users, got to updated to the latest phone features.  < ReadMe soon >  "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
xray
All-Star
"The trade in offered by Telus+other carriers is a joke $15-$20 isn't worthy, better donated or scrap it."

I'd like to know how scraping a phone is better than getting $20 and having TELUS recycle it.
v9
Rockstar

It's a waste time dwo. In order to traded in you've to enter your postal code, so Telus Gps can't find a store, near Ur residence, were the user can made the transaction. An Iphone or Samsung, that cost you $600 t0 700 after 2-3 yrs, sold it by $15.00-no way jose. Like I said before is more worthy, give it to your buddy or send it to another country, than get richer a corporation. Regards "v9" .

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
xray
All-Star
Agreed that it's better to donate/gift/reuse the old cell phone. You stated "better donated or scrap it" and it's the "scrap it" part I was asking about.

LoL! @xray @NFtoBC Drive by posting! The Number One cause of... err... forum irritation in North America! Robot Mad