ZTE MF275R LTE Smart Hub Battery

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident

Hi,

I recently purchased a ZTE MF275R LTE Smart Hub from Telus. It was shipped without a battery because they were low on stock. Has anyone else had the same happen and received their battery yet?

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
There is still no estimated date on when the batteries will arrive. Originally the manufacturer said 6-8 weeks after the original order but, they still had no batteries after the first orders with this the issue were noticed. Just a waiting game right now :(.
Mobility Client Care Rep
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
It's been about 4-5months since we bought the hub. We just received the battery a few days ago
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

That's embarrassing. And I wish I could say I'm surprised. However, I'm just happy you got the battery!

Mobility Client Care Rep
Highlighted
Resident
I have had my hub for at least 4 months and was shortshipped the battery. I have tried to resolve the issue to no avail. I do know that if I were to buy a new hub today that the battery is in new units. Don't understand why this would be so when the backlog has not been cleared up. I certainly believe my "check has been cashed" and have been forgotten. I would suggest Telus either refund the purchase or an amount that would allow me to buy the battery on my own. Hub is great but need the battery. If I had known they could not deliver I would have found another solution.
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The battery missing is a manufacturer issue. The supplier's of the hub have started supplying the battery to new shipments rather than sending it out to previous customers who have not received their battery yet. Telus has no say in the matter. They don't make the battery and they don't own the factory. It was either sell the hubs as is, which can function perfectly well without the battery and provide you with internet in the mean time. Or leave customers in rural areas with no choices until the suppliers of the hub could provide batteries to all units again. It was a rough situation for both the manufacturer and the provider. Seeing as you've been able to use the device and get your internet service just fine in the mean time. I don't see it fair to ask Telus to provide you a credit for the cost of a battery. You had a 14 day or 30 day return policy upon receiving the device knowing it was  wait for the battery. You can and should contact Telus at this point to double check you are on the list to receive a battery and that they have the correct address for you. 

More batteries have been shipped as of August 1. 

Mobility Client Care Rep
Highlighted
Resident

I am still awaiting my battery as well.  In the meantime, is there anyway to get the ZTE smarthub to auto-reconnect once it starts up after a power outage?  As it stands, I have to press the reset button each time and I can't find a configuration setting in the admin menu that allows for 'auto-reconnect on re-start

Highlighted
Resident

Not fair to Telus!  I purchased the product and paid in full.  No one advised me of the battery situation and certainly I would not have purchased this had I known it would not be a complete order.  Communicating and getting information on this issue has been time consuming and often the Telus employees have no idea of the issue.  It has been a cat and mouse situation since then.  I am surprised that Telus would play the victim here.  Your response is something I would expect from a government agency where they have no competition.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Usually, if I open an item with missing parts, it is returned as soon as I learn the missing pieces can't be immediately offfered to me.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
I may have employee in my title but, if you read the neighbourhood rules, I'm not speaking on behalf of telus. I'm not paid to be here and volunteer my time. My opinions are just that. Mine. I'm simply giving you the inside information that you won't get anywhere else. That's the special thing about the neighbourhood. 🙂
Mobility Client Care Rep
Highlighted
Resident

Been waiting for over four months every time I checked into it they say they had the wrong address or they are sending out another  and I should get it in 5 days what BAD service. I think we are being screwed how many thousands of batterys are they not supplying. RIP OFF . I JUST HAT ALL THE LIES AND THEM WASTING MY TIME

Highlighted
Resident

I strictly bought the hub because I only use a generator for my power. I didn't receive  my battery for over 6 months. What I really didn' like was that when she opened the box it had a battery in it but i was told someone else was getting it and that I would have to wait for one in the mail. I was told it would last up to 8 hours fully charged. Yet it has never lasted more then a hour and a half. Sure the hub works good,well other then reseting it every couple hours because it would just freeze up with all the lights on.  but the extra gas i had to use to have internet was a lot more costly then I hoped.