Will a Moto e Sim card work in my moto g?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

DillPickle98
Neighbour

I recently dropped my moto e in a pool but the Sim card was undamaged. I put my Sim card in my old moto g to see if it would work and it did for a week,then started losing service and regaining service. Is there any way to fix the service issue or am I stuck with it until I get a new sim/phone? 

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It doesn't matter what phone you're using. I have more than one phone and a SIM in each. If I want to make another one active, I log into my mobility account online and go under change phone > new SIM > and enter the SIM number. (printed on SIM itself) Once that is applied, shut off old phone and turn on new phone and you're good to go within 15 minutes.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A new SIM is an inexpensive purchase, and likely would work in a future phone. If it solves your problem, it would be a valuable investment. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
DillPickle98
Neighbour

How much would a Sim cost? 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See options here: http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/sim-cards/

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
DillPickle98
Neighbour

DillPickle98
Neighbour

The phone im using now is my old phone with the Sim from my new phone I broke. Will they give me a new sim card for that price for my old phone even though I'm supposed to be using my new phone? Will I have to buy out the contract since I have a pay every month contract? 

Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It doesn't matter what phone you're using. I have more than one phone and a SIM in each. If I want to make another one active, I log into my mobility account online and go under change phone > new SIM > and enter the SIM number. (printed on SIM itself) Once that is applied, shut off old phone and turn on new phone and you're good to go within 15 minutes.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

DillPickle98
Neighbour

Thank you so much