cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Telus customer service so terrible?

TrevorJ
Just Moved In

I ordered 2 new iPhones to upgrade my wife and my older phones. I received one of them and I was informed the other was on back order a week after I ordered it, even though Apple can ship them next day right now. Instead of upgrading like I requested they set up a whole new account and I can't transfer my number from the old phone. There are no online agents and minimum wait time is over an hour every time I call, I don't have that kind of time in my life right now. So I'm forced to pay for 3 accounts because I can't cancel my old accounts online and transfer the number to the new phone. This is some god awful customer service, perhaps the worst I've encountered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to move the SIM from the old phones to the new phones. The new account can be cancelled.

You can't transfer a phone number between post paid accounts. However, your existing accounts should provide the services you need.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @TrevorJ  sorry to hear about the delays in shipping your device.  However, for the device you received you should be able to login to your My account and complete the swap of the sim to transfer the number to the new device. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to move the SIM from the old phones to the new phones. The new account can be cancelled.

You can't transfer a phone number between post paid accounts. However, your existing accounts should provide the services you need.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

crogers
Just Moved In
Their customer service is terrible because they offshore it all with Telus International, their international call center company.

Jmitchell1
Helpful Neighbour
I would recommend calling their sales line instead! I gave up on the service line after an hour but when I called the number for opening an account I got a rep within 2 minutes. This is not a staffing problem, telus could easily reduce wait times if they chose to, but why would they?

The number was 1-877-613-8463