Where is support for the eSIM?

technbio
Connector

Could somebody tell us from Telus when we will have access to esim feature ..hopefully we will be able to transfer  our number...

DeanLubaki
Connector
Except devices can't be sold locked in Canada...
toyotoys
Connector
Unlocked as in no contract, outiright purchase.
DeanLubaki
Connector
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Even devices on a contract are unlocked. carrier locking is not legal in Canada.
Highlighted
toyotoys
Connector
You don’t know the difference between unlocked no contract and unlocked with contract?
DeanLubaki
Connector
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Even while you're on a contract in Canada, phones come unlocked so that you can change carriers whenever you want. That applies to eSIM.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by "the difference between unlocked no contract and unlocked with contract"
barkjacker
Resident

@DeanLubaki - I am a BELL customer (for the time being) and I'm wanting to migrate from a physical SIM to an eSIM.  I've been trying to do this for some time, but Bell says they don't have a way to do this yet.  They only support eSIM activation for new lines/accounts.  There must be a process, do you know of how I can do this?  Who I should talk to?

Thanks!

Community Power User
Community Power User

You appear to be lost. Welcome to the Telus Neighbourhood. That would be a question better suited for the Bell support, or their forums which they don't seem to have. Try Google. An answer to that question is not hard to find.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Fayez
Resident
Any update on esim support?
DeanLubaki
Connector

TELUS is nowhere to be seen in terms of eSIM.

technbio
Connector

Speak to tech support at Telus this morning..he told me that they are testing reliable problem with iPhone esim..I don't understand i already have an Apple Watch with esim..that's works..don't understand the problem...

toyotoys
Connector
6 months since launch and not even a mention of support coming. Telus, you’re a joke. Byeeeeee!
DarrenScott
Resident

uh, so how's your 3 month exclusivity on eSIM theory coming along now?

toyotoys
Connector
Exactly Darren, Telus just doesn't want it's customers to have access to cheaper alternatives. They know people will use the second sim for a tablet plan or other.

Dear Telus, Stop being greedy and this won't be an issue. Anyway it's no longer an issue for me. I moved to Bell. I no longer need to carry a work and personal phone.

And Telus lost my $150/month
paulguy2019
Neighbour

I am with Telus now but I am thinking of switching to Virgin unless Telus supports ESim in the very near future.

paulguy2019
Neighbour
I am sorry but I will have to go to another supplier, probably to Virgin to get ESim support.
DeanLubaki
Connector

Exactly. And Rogers has it for business accounts now, so it was clearly not an exclusivity thing.

Dont forget to endorse the eSIM idea https://forum.telus.com/t5/Ideas/eSIM-support-for-all-GSMA-compliant-eSIM-devices/idi-p/92709/highli...

PBA
Coach

According to Apple, as of today (April 25, 2019) the following carriers support eSim on iPhone:

Canada

• Bell
  • Fido
  • Lucky Mobile
  • Rogers
  • Virgin

Telus already supports eSim in the Apple Watch, so... what's the hold up? I travel overseas a lot and need to shuffle sims for local data, which means I lose my Telus line while travelling. I've got two home lines and an Apple Watch that can be transferred to Bell or Rogers...

paulguy2019
Neighbour
I do not understand the hold up and I am really thinking of going to another carrier.
pbsme
Advisor

I hope TELUS supports eSIM by the time I get my next iPhone. That’s likely to be in the Fall of this year. Otherwise, I would be looking elsewhere.