cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Galaxy S10 series and Fold have been announced!!

Nicole-Natassha
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hey guys!

Exciting day over here with the launch of the new devices as well as the Samsung earbuds!

• Anyone planning on copping an S10e, S10 or S10+?
  • Thoughts on the new Fold, is this the phone/tablet you've been waiting for?
  • Will you be jumping on the earbud bandwagon?

Let us know!

21 REPLIES 21

SuperFred

Wow! love the wireless charging options!

I know! How cool is it to be able to charge your earbuds with the handset. Definitely a new and cool feature we haven't seen before!

It's a big change from the S8 and S9, which are 2 great devices as well! I'll most likely get their smartwatch so I'll keep you posted!

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
As an Apple-man myself, I'll admit that the new devices are stunning and very appealing.

And I do prefer Samsung's vision for earbud design - those Galaxy Buds will be a must-have this year!

Are they going to be compatible with an iPhone? (for the full features)

MelH
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I love the panoramic video feature and I'm so excited to see the new Fold in person! 

Do we have Canadian prices at this time?  Will the Fold be $2700 on April 26?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_UgNcJtzQ

For those that missed it... Here's an indepth intro from today's launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISjiJQGJ72o&t=30m50s

Hi, no update on the price for now and I took a look on Samsung Canada's website. I'm guessing they'll update their website few weeks before the release date! https://www.samsung.com/ca/

Hope this helps and let us know if you learn anything else! 

Hopefully they have no screen issues. Always leery of first generations of a new product. In lab
Rigorous testing is always different then real world.

Let's hope for the best, I'm sure Samsung will do everything in their power to make sure that the Fold is flawless. 

@WestCoasterBC wrote:
Hopefully they have no screen issues. Always leery of first generations of a new product. In lab
Rigorous testing is always different then real world.

Seeing as how the Fold has a plastic screen, I'm really curious how long before a very visible crease appears on the screen. Even the product demo shots seem to show one. Getting the new S10 and the new Galaxy Tab 5e together would  likely end up being cheaper than the Fold. You'd get a much bigger screen for both the phone and especially the tablet. The Tab 5e also doesn't have that massive notch on it like the Fold does. Pretty sure Samsung gave Apple flak for creating the notch on phones. Samsung then goes ahead and pioneers the first tablet with one now. Smiley Frustrated

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Nicole-Natassha
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hey @xl 

No news we can currently share on the Fold for the meanwhile! Hopefully we'll get some intel shortly 😉

Dimo-X

Although I probably won't be getting one, as someone who uses phone cameras heavily for photography I do like the idea of integrating a wide angle lens into the phone! And yes to the earbuds! They don't like mini hairdryers! lol 

Ha! Those are fighting words for airpod lovers! lol

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

I'll gladly volunteer myself to test the device if a demo becomes available. (wink wink!) lol!

haycat
Just Moved In

Yes 

@Nicole-Natassha wrote:

Hey guys!

Exciting day over here with the launch of the new devices as well as the Samsung earbuds!

• Anyone planning on copping an S10e, S10 or S10+?
  • Thoughts on the new Fold, is this the phone/tablet you've been waiting for?
  • Will you be jumping on the earbud bandwagon?

Let us know!

Yes to all. When will the Fold be available in BC? 

(I am due for an upgrade)

@haycat wrote:

When will the Fold be available in BC? 

(I am due for an upgrade)

CNBC states it will be just under $2000 on April 26 for America. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/20/samsung-galaxy-fold-release-date-price-specs.html

With a 1.32 exchange rate... I'm going to guess $2700 in late April for Canada.

Nicole-Natassha
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@xl Definitely a bit of sticker shock huh!?

@Nicole-Natassha wrote:

@xl Definitely a bit of sticker shock huh!?

I thought the high-end iPhones were premium priced.  The Fold will set a new standard.

Starting to think my 1.32 exchange rate guesstimate may be too low.  The Fold's Canadian price may be closer to $3000.  Especially after taxes.

Looking forward to seeing a closer look at the Fold screen in the coming weeks when available in stores.

• will the open screen be too "square" like the Blackberry Passport?
  • will the collapsed Fold feel thick (eg Nokia 9000 Communicator) when other phones have gone thin in recent years?

@haycat no news about the Canadian launch date yet, as soon as it's available for pre-order it will be highlighted on www.telus.com.