cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus store prices

chefgarry
Friendly Neighbour
I'm looking at the Note 9 on the BIB plan. On line store shows it as $0 but the telus store price is $150 on BIB. Why is that?

At this point it looks like I'm better off buying on line and activating it myself instead of the cost of the phablet plus $35 to activate.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If pick it up in store yes the current trade-in value can be applied against a case, wireless charger or the upfront cost of the device which if you are going on the BIB program you shouldn't need to worry about as the device would be $0.

I've added the link to the trade-in program below if you want to get a rough idea of the value of your device.

TELUS Trade-in Program

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Syaoran
Rockstar

This is one of the many ways to push the few remaining customers away from the retail side of Telus to use the online store for everything you need.  

chefgarry
Friendly Neighbour
That's what it looks like to me. I'm struggling to find a reason to go to the physical store. Why pay $150 more plus connection fee?

CJR
Ambassador

The Note 9 should be $0 in store with the BIB program on a Platinum Plan as well, however in store you will be charged the $35 connection fee that they waive online.

If the store is getting a different price when they go to try to process the transaction have them check the BIB program bulletin as there is an offer code that has to be put in to bring the device down to $0 in store.

chefgarry
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks. But i still don't understand why the physical store has different prices. Aren't they the same company? I know best buy and others have lower online prices than in store but $150 v $0 is extreme.

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

I work for a dealer store and there is a bonus amount TELUS is putting on the Note 9 and Mate 20 Pro when you do the Bring it Back program so in the activation system we have to put a code in to activate that bonus amount, as long as the store puts in the code it should take it down to $0 in store as well minus having to pay the taxes upfront on the BIB amount.

For the $35 connection fee any transactions that happen in store or over the phone TELUS charges on the next bill where it is waived online. However online you are having to wait for the device to be shipped, as well as if you had you're old device and wanted to trade it in towards accessories or bringing down the up front cost of the device without the BIB program we are able to do in stores that are unable to do online as well.

chefgarry
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks CJR. That's what I was looking for. So if I bring my old device (s6), they'll give me credit I can use towards a case or whatever? I'm ok with the activation fee but not with the higher device charge. Since you've said it's not an issue, do the store.

@CJR wrote:

I work for a dealer store and there is a bonus amount TELUS is putting on the Note 9 and Mate 20 Pro when you do the Bring it Back program so in the activation system we have to put a code in to activate that bonus amount, as long as the store puts in the code it should take it down to $0 in store as well minus having to pay the taxes upfront on the BIB amount.

For the $35 connection fee any transactions that happen in store or over the phone TELUS charges on the next bill where it is waived online. However online you are having to wait for the device to be shipped, as well as if you had you're old device and wanted to trade it in towards accessories or bringing down the up front cost of the device without the BIB program we are able to do in stores that are unable to do online as well.

If pick it up in store yes the current trade-in value can be applied against a case, wireless charger or the upfront cost of the device which if you are going on the BIB program you shouldn't need to worry about as the device would be $0.

I've added the link to the trade-in program below if you want to get a rough idea of the value of your device.

TELUS Trade-in Program

chefgarry
Friendly Neighbour

Again CJR. It's been hard to get the information I've been looking for but you've answered my concerns.