Tablet plan

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
I recently purchased an iPad for an elderly parent and was looking into ISP when I came across the $10 tablet plan on my Telus website. There is no fine print no dropdown tab for details about this plan and below it shows a tablet plus a sim card and add to ANY plan. I did a chat asking about the plan and sim. I called a Telus store told them what I was doing and if they had the sim cards in stock and yes they did. So I drove to my parents house got the iPad so I could go after work the next day. When I got to the store I was told I would have to bump up from a $45 plan to a $85 just so I could add data to the iPad because I do not have a data plan. Not once did my plan come into play until it came down to the purchase.No where does it state in the advertisement that it is selected plans. My time,my gas all a waste. I'm disappointed for how long I've been with Telus and the number of people on my plan that nothing could be offered to me.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Until recently you could buy an individual data plan for tablets, but now they are only available as an add-on to a phone plan. You might find one at another provider, but Tablet-only plans are few and far between.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Until recently you could buy an individual data plan for tablets, but now they are only available as an add-on to a phone plan. You might find one at another provider, but Tablet-only plans are few and far between.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post