cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls/robocalls

TRH
Just Moved In
Is there a call blocker app that can stop the calls from Morocco, Belize etc? Been getting upwards of 30 calls a day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Global has a news article about the calls. They're apparently affecting more than just Telus subscribers and it's a known scam:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4012633/mysterious-missed-calls-on-cellphones-part-of-world-wide-scam/

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See this post.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

QAZ
Just Moved In

I'm also seeing the same amount of calls from the same places. Crazy!!!

npchilds
Just Moved In

I've been getting these as well, calls supposedly from someone called Chad in Croatia. I'd like to be able to block by country code, there is no reason I'd be getting calls from Belize, Morocco , or Croatia.

GrammaJude
Just Moved In

In the past week, I’ve been receiving multiple (at least 20 per day/night) calls from unknown numbers in Serbia, Morocco and primarily from Croatia.  Although I haven’t answered any of these calls and have blocked each number, I continue to receive calls.  Most times the calls ring once or twice, then the call drops but this is driving me crazy. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?  More importantly, does anyone have a solution please?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are a number of call blocking Apps available which will allow you to block by area code, but no other real solutions out there, unfortunately. Since these callers can easily spoof any number, it is very difficult to block them at any level, as they can be changed so easily, including changes to valid numbers which some folks might want to receive calls from.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I too am getting the same annoying calls over the past couple days. Already 3 this morning, mostly all showing up from Croatia.

DOK
Just Moved In

I received over 30 Calls on Wednesday (day before yesterday, over 70 calls yesterday and over 20 so for today!!!!   I phoned Telus mobility a few days ago about this.  The gentleman told me he has received these calls as well.  He suggested to keep blocking them and eventually they will stop!  IT SEEMS THE MORE I BLOCK THEM, THE FASTER THEY COME!!!!  Probably over 150 so far this week!  He stated that Telus is working on a solution to this problem.  This "solution" can't come fast enough.  Very irritating!

This message doesn't help to solve the issue but just letting you know that you're not alone.

If anyone from TELUS is monitoring this, please provide some suggestions, if possible.  Thank You.

DB73
Just Moved In

Thanks for sharing this info. The latest calls I've just received so far today are saying they come from the country of Chad. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm on Telus as well but haven't received a single spam call. I wonder if it may be linked to a malicious or compromised app that people have installed on their phones.  Are you all using Android? an iPhone? Any new apps you've installed recently? Is your phone number blocked on your social media profiles?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Brooke50
Just Moved In
I’m getting these too. Now from Chad and Serbia

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Global has a news article about the calls. They're apparently affecting more than just Telus subscribers and it's a known scam:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4012633/mysterious-missed-calls-on-cellphones-part-of-world-wide-scam/