Software Update Schedule Discussion

gchiu
Helpful Neighbour

@Nicole-Natassha Any timeline or projected release date for Oreo 8.1 on the PH-1?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@gchiu Unfortunately nothing I am able to provide. Hopefully soon so stay tuned!

benjamin222
Resident

@Nicole-Natassha Hi Natasha, what about the Oreo update for the V30. It's been happening across the United States on multiple carriers. Looking forward to your reply.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@benjamin222 When the software is released it will be for all compatible devices at the same time.

theteck
Resident

so the galaxy note 8 update its sheduled for this morning ...

i try search for update and telus say no update?

you forget we are the 28 ?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Stay tuned. We don't have more details at the moment. 

Karkutt
Friendly Neighbour
So is it being pushed back?
Community Manager
Community Manager

The software will be released soon. Stay tuned. 

Karkutt
Friendly Neighbour
Is it still today I been trying all day?
Trident
Connector
Nothing . Been checking all day.
Karkutt
Friendly Neighbour
Ya feeling like were getting screwed again Smiley Sad
DrkMrk
Neighbour
Yup. Samsung is the ABSOLUTE worst.
Starriderpg
Resident
Is there any word.on the LG V30 Oreo update arriving soon? Thanks
DrkMrk
Neighbour
*crickets*
Mustang_Driver
Advisor

i just got the apple update 11.3 seems they are on the ball unlike the android updates so i am definitely still unsure what phone to keep and which to sell the s7 edge or iphone 7 plus i was going to get rid of one to get the s9 plus

DrkMrk
Neighbour
If you want updates even CLOSE to on time DO NOT keep or get a Samsung. They are THE WORST phone for updates. THE WORST. 6 freaking months?! The new Android beta is out before I even have last year's Oreo. Its pathetic. I loved Samsung phones thinking it wouldn't bother me much but it is too infuriating. Next phone will not be a Samsung unless they figure this garbage out. Stupid TouchWiz.
Clouded
Connector
At least they receive monthly patches. LG is worse imo. The V20 hasn't gotten any update in almost a year. A friend of mine has a G6 and he had to flash different regions for the latest patches.
le_clandestin
Connector

According to Rogers upgrade schedule, it will be on April 5th for them. Let's hope it will be the same for Telus.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931

Trident
Connector
My Telus Note 8 is getting the Oreo update right now, it's 4:38AM March 3rd, File Size 1259.48MB
Excitement level: High
raydenray
Resident
Same ! Finally ! Smiley Happy