Shared plan privacy

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

M3fresh
Just Moved In
Is there a way to make phone data and messages private on shared phone plans? I don't like the fact that my partner can log in and see the amount of text messages and who the messages are sent to online without my consent..

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Nope. If you want that level of separation, you would want to choose separate plans. The owner (s) of an account have the right to see how it is being used. Even my employer could see who I called and texted; one of the reasons I used my own phone and account for personal calls.

Edit: you can revoke access to the account by various individuals, but I’m guessing this might cause some animosity, if your partner was unable to access the account any more.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Nope. If you want that level of separation, you would want to choose separate plans. The owner (s) of an account have the right to see how it is being used. Even my employer could see who I called and texted; one of the reasons I used my own phone and account for personal calls.

Edit: you can revoke access to the account by various individuals, but I’m guessing this might cause some animosity, if your partner was unable to access the account any more.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post