cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor reception

HWDG
Neighbour
Disappointing reception in Sherwood Park in “5G area” and also in Riverdale Edmonton today.
I would expect better reception in greater Edmonton area with 5G capable phones. Often under water voice sound, dropped calls. Switched back again to LTE but still weak signals. Telus is not able to tell when reception will be improved. Bit disappointed in capability of Telus support to answer questions about poor reception and what is being done to improve it.
4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

My wife had issues with LTE in Riverdale (no signal) but I was fine with 5G. There aren't a lot of cell towers there:

Canadian Cellular Towers Map (ertyu.org)

You can report issues here:

5G and 4G LTE, HSPA+ & LPWA network coverage map | TELUS

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

jgf111
Just Moved In

I just today switched from the rogers network over to Telus due to biting on a really good offer.  However the network performance at my home in Riverdale, Edmonton is awful.  5G 'speeds' of 3-8 Mbps.  Poor phone reception.  I think I will be backing out of this immediately.  Shockingly poor to be honest.

Tyvar
Just Moved In

We moved to the walker lakes area almost 2 months ago, and our coverage here is terrible.  Continually dropping calls, when call doesn't drop you can barely have a good conversation.   less than 3 bars are normal for our area.  Looking to possibly switch to a provider that i can use my phone for its purpose. 

samimetro
Neighbour

I've been with bell and fido, never had issues with signal, switched to telus after i got a decent offer about 5 months ago. I had terrible reception at home in the north east edmonton (Brintnell Area), constant call drops, and if calls don't drop, the quality would be worse than trash.

I did chat with support who supposedly tried a few things from his end, and got me to power off/on my device a couple of times to run his tests, however that didn't improve anything. so the support agent told me that this support ticket will be escalated and someone would get in touch with me to resolve this, and until now (2 weeks later) no one contacted me, and I'm not surprised.

Getting really close to contacting Rogers or heading back to Bell or Fido as I can't put up with this any longer