Pixel 2 XL no data on 8.1

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

My phone updated to 8.1 last night... and now I get no data at all on the cellular network. Same thing that happened when I updated to Dev Preview 2 and had to flash back to 8.0. Is nobody else having this issue?

Highlighted
Resident

Having the same problem here after I set up my new Pixel 2 XL yesterday. Updated the OS right away though, so don't know if data was even working with 8.0 either.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

It likely was working. Last week I updated to Dev Preview 2 and had the same issue. Called in and the rep said they were having issues with the dev preview and data wasnt working. Last night I got the OTA and figured "There is no way this bug still exists in a full release". Imagine my surprise when I discovered the issue still exists. I even sent feedback to Google when I was on DP2 and called Telus but it didnt do any good.

Highlighted
Resident

Hey KeithW19, so I just managed to get my data working by changing the APN based on the specs here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/f6jmxQdagSo;context-place=topicsearch...

It was actually set up on my phone already, I just had to switch from sp.telus.com to isp.telus.com. Maybe that will work for you too?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Oddly enough that works! Whats really odd is that selecting the "TELUS ISP" APN doesnt work but recreating it with the exact same settings does work.

I'm curious about the differences though. Does TELUS ISP count as tethering data? I also tried recreating the TELUS SP APN but that one still doesnt work

EDIT: Sorry marked your post as the solution but then didnt want Telus thinking all was good. Recreating the APN does work but its not technically a "solution". Great info though!

Highlighted
Neighbour

There was an issue identified and fixed by Google that was discovered in the DP2. I was enrolled in the beta, and when I received this update it broke my mobile data. I was mighty confused for a while!

Luckily Google now lists a Telus specific 8.1 build on it's OTA images page, so the update should roll out to Telus devices very soon.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi folks, what's the build number you're running on your devices? You should be able to find this by tapping on Settings > About phone > software information