Online Phone Order

CanadasPrincess
Resident

I've tried calling and emailing the online webstore, but as of today still haven't heard an update on my purchase I made for a new device online. Last Wednesday I ordered the Samsung s9 Plus. I got the approval and processing emails and have even been given the mobile number, but haven't received any shipping info. I've ordered in the past online and it's been maybe 2 days and it was shipped. Is it back ordered? I check my order number and it says "still processing". Unsure why it's taking so long. Anyone have any insight?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Other than Black Friday order volumes slowing things in general, no insights.

I'm assuming you have checked your order status as described here.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
CanadasPrincess
Resident

Of course I have...

"We're processing your order, which you should receive within 5-7 days.

When your order ships, we'll send you the tracking number. If we need further information, we’ll email you.

Thanks for choosing TELUS."

Lola
Rockstar

The Canada Post rotating strikes have something to do with the slowdown, even in order processing, because shipments can't move out as quickly everything backlogs, then add the holiday season to that, and you just have to wait. Even courier services are busier, but they guarantee delivery dates, so they're moving things on time, but they're under stress. If you get anything by courier right now, thank the delivery person very kindly.

Meowmix
Advisor
@Lola

Agreed. However Telus should also work with UPS OR Purolator like other carriers / companies during the CP rotating strike. The backlog for CP was announced to be as far as January 2019 for many to get their packages.

Telus should have worked a agreement to have a pets say UPS, FedEx, Purolator or smaller companies to do the deliveries. They have enough money to be able to do so. This way it keeps their customers happy and cell center reps / management happy as well ( no customer complaints for non arrival of equipment they are paying for).
Zee
Connector

@Meowmix

I fully agree. I'm a bit nervous about my own order for the Hauwei Mate 20 Pro.  Their tracking is horrible and they do not take responsibility if something were to go wrong. Case in point canada-post-loses-expensive-phone .

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Zee  If you fully read the article Rogers sent the phone to the mom's address with proper insurance. The mother then in turned mailed it to the daughter without proper insurance coverage. The phone is insured by Telus for it's full value in case it's lost in the mail to the Shipped address.

Canada posts always has the option to purchase proper coverage for the declared value. When i ship valuable items i always insure for the full value. I'm sure this mother learned a lesson, although it was the hard way.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Zee
Connector

@WestCoasterBC

I have read the the article. I'm sure Telus does fully insure shipment and their would be opportunity to rectify any problems with shipment. But given issues with strikes and the reliability of Canada Post service why chance it? Say your phone gets lost in transit. You would have to start a remediation process with Telus. They would have to contact Canada post and who knows how long it will take them to investigate the shipment on their end.
Regarding the article the situation is unfortunate that you must pay insurance for a company to do their job. On the brighter side it's nice to know that Huawei reached out and gave them a new phone.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Zee wrote:

@WestCoasterBC

I have read the the article. I'm sure Telus does fully insure shipment and their would be opportunity to rectify any problems with shipment. But given issues with strikes and the reliability of Canada Post service why chance it? Say your phone gets lost in transit. You would have to start a remediation process with Telus. They would have to contact Canada post and who knows how long it will take them to investigate the shipment on their end.

How would this claim process differ were it UPS or Purolator who lost the package instead of Canada Post? The courier companies are also known to lose shipments, or drop them at depots unaccessible to some customers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Meowmix
Advisor
@WestCoasterBC

That is true. The article says the mother sent the phone to her daughter in return it's her choice to put any insurance on it.

However Rogers does not deal with CP. They use UPS or QMS. They stopped using CP after their failed strike a while back once again.

Meowmix
Advisor
Hello @NFtoBC

I had a issue with UPS. It took 2 months to figure out that someone with UPS stole the package and it was tracked down during a internal investigation and my own when I contacted my lawyer ( the item was worth more then $1,000). UPS not only did the pay up for the item, however offered me free shipment for 2 years ( either express or ground) when I give them a unique number over the phone.

All of them do have issues. However it's how you deal with it is how th outcome comes out. All of the have cameras inside and out. Most houses have cameras now outside or the doorbell ( Ring). So many ways can be found if the item was damaged to wrongful process or stolen or any other way. It takes time but it's worth it.
Lola
Rockstar

@Meowmix wrote:
@Lola

Agreed. However Telus should also work with UPS OR Purolator like other carriers / companies during the CP rotating strike. The backlog for CP was announced to be as far as January 2019 for many to get their packages.

Telus should have worked a agreement to have a pets say UPS, FedEx, Purolator or smaller companies to do the deliveries. They have enough money to be able to do so. This way it keeps their customers happy and cell center reps / management happy as well ( no customer complaints for non arrival of equipment they are paying for).

Telus should use both, of course, like Amazon Prime uses couriers, unless an item is coming from outside of Canada, then they use Canada Post, and Walmart uses Loomis and Canada Post. Telus could do the same. Couriers can't deliver to PO boxes though, or to all parts of the country, while Canada Post does, so even if Telus had both, not all customers would get courier service.

The strike won't last forever, but it's frustrating, for sure. I've had a Walmart order stuck in Ontario for over three weeks, and tracking now says expected delivery is Dec 10. For Black Friday I didn't order from any place that uses Canada Post. Best to stay clear of CP until mid-2019.