cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting texts from websites for sms code verification

ConorO
Friendly Neighbour

Ive been on like 20 websites and needed to get sent a text for sms confirmation but never get them, what do i do

11 REPLIES 11

xray
Hero
Do you get SMS text from other people?

ConorO
Friendly Neighbour

i dont know now i  using imessage and the people who text me are contacts via my apple id emaile

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Make sure you have added your phone number as an additional contact in your iMessages application. If all your current friends are reaching you by your Apple ID, the Apple servers also need to know your phone number.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@NFtoBC how does that impact sites that use SMS for 2FA? I don't know much about the Apple ecosystem but I would think that iMessage wouldn't get in the way of SMS sent to a phone number.

ConorO
Friendly Neighbour

it already is

ConorO
Friendly Neighbour

jeez telus is so **bleep**! they cant even tell me whats going on WHY CANT I GET SMS VERIFICATION CODES FROM LIKE LITERALLY ANY SITE

You need to realize Telus has no control over how iMessage works on your phone. It's an Apple app.

ConorO
Friendly Neighbour

its not an apple id problem i completely turned of imessage and still doesn't work

Can you get someone not on an iPhone to send you a SMS to confirm it works?

gagan
Just Moved In

it is so rediculous that i moved from Fido to Telus and my 2FAs dont work. Telus escalated issue but not able to resolve it

im stuck with my banks, trading and other accounts due to 2FA

Call Customer Care and make sure Short Codes are enabled on your device!  If you are a prepaid user, then some forms of 2FA are not available due to there being no way to prove who you are because prepaid accounts aren't tied to any identification.  Short Codes from other countries might not be compatible with the Telus/Koodo services as well.