Name Display for Caller ID

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
I wonder why TELUS does not allow customers to display their name instead of "British Columbia" for their caller ID name?

I have searched a bit on Google and all that has been explained was due to "privacy." But if you give someone a choice (to opt in), does that void the whole "privacy" issue?

My friends at Rogers and Fido has had that feature for a while.

What is supposed to happen:
If you phone another person with Caller ID who does NOT have you in their contacts, the display name should read your name. Not British Columbia, or another province.

Can TELUS please add this feature?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would rather not have my name displayed on a device of someone i don't know. It only takes a few seconds to add them after the fact once you know who it is.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
While caller ID is relatively simple for a landline, as there is a known subscriber. Cellular phones are a whole other kettle o' fish, as many are used by other than the purchaser, either by children, or assigned by business to staff.
I don't know about you, but I'd rather keep numbers private.

If is truly important that you broadcast your name when making cold calls, you could use a landline or VoIP service.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"