cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI not listed

HENK1
Neighbour

Purchased a dual sim phone STK LITE 8 from Worldsim and want to use it on TELUS. The IMEI number is not listed on telus checklist. 

The frequenties match the telus towers in the valley but the phone failed to register on the Telus network. Can it be that the registration failed because of the IMEI number ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

From the specs I could find on your phone, it does not have North American 4G capabilities. 3G at best. It's an European/Asian cell phone and intended for their markets. North America uses different frequencies.

I've used a OnePlus One on Telus' 3G network just fine and its IMEI was not found on Telus' search tool either. It won't be the IMEI unless that IMEI on your phone has been listed as stolen / blacklisted.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not all IMEI numbers will appear in the database. Phones sold overseas are likely not to appear in the list and STK is in that category. The specs do appear like it should work on 3G but as with any international phone there is no 100% guarantee it will work. Make sure the SIM card is activated as well.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I took a activated Telus SIM and inserted in this STK. It recognize the Telus SIM but says Emergency calls only. Searching for available networks give me  TELUS 4G, Bell 4G and Rogers 2G. Selecting TELUS 4G it goes to "registering on Telus 4G" after about 30 sec. it says "cannot connect right now , try later".  That's why I think that to register the network need to recognize the IMEI number to see if the phone is stolen or on the blacklist.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

From the specs I could find on your phone, it does not have North American 4G capabilities. 3G at best. It's an European/Asian cell phone and intended for their markets. North America uses different frequencies.

I've used a OnePlus One on Telus' 3G network just fine and its IMEI was not found on Telus' search tool either. It won't be the IMEI unless that IMEI on your phone has been listed as stolen / blacklisted.

I am in contact with STK to find out this issue. Told them them phone is great but the claim that their phone works in Canada is not true. Waiting for answer.

The answer of the Senior Engineer of STK was:

Hey there

If you bought your device in Europe it won’t work correctly since the frequency bands of your device are from Europe and not Canada.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@HENK1 Sorry to hear that. Are you looking for a low cost phone that works in Canada primarily or are you looking for one you can use while traveling overseas as well?

My reason to buy from Worldsim was that I wanted to have a Dual Sim. In the past it was not possible to buy a dual sim in Canada , so I went overseas. Was not successful with this until I bought a Motorola moto G play in Amsterdam and works fine in Canada. The STK that I bought doesn't work so now I bought a Motorola G5 Dual sim and this one works and has a 13MP camera. The SIM card of Worldsim is great to roam everywhere and you can make calls locally too on the 2G net of Rogers. It cost a bit more but you can use it everywhere and the saldo never expires. You are always reachable in the world.