Galaxy Note 7 Recall

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Samsung provided that link. It's pinned on their twitter account.

https://twitter.com/SamsungCanada

Pinned Tweet

Your safety & satisfaction are #1.The Note7 Canadian Product Exchange registration can be found here: canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
RichP
Advocate

Thanks for providing the link info @Nighthawk

In this day and age you can never be too careful. It wasnt a Samsung website and it was asking for a lot of personal info at the site.

I will check out the Twitter account and see where it leads me.

Brian1
Neighbour
What i find the most unprofessional in this whole thing is that no one at telus has ANY idea about when we will get our replacement note 7 back. Stores in america are already re selling them but telus can even give an eta when the replacements will be ready. Its going on a month now and im stuck with a used s6 loaner because thats the only phome avaible to be a loaner. How can one of largest phone companys have NO infomation about anything??
Community Power User
Community Power User
Possibly because one of the world's largest manufacturers has not provided the info to one of the world's smaller telcos.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
I'm not sure why our customers are getting poor or no information as we have been informed very clearl STOP using all Note 7's immediately! They are not safe as issue through Samsung and Health Canada. Telus stores have loaner phones and you must fill out the form posted by Nighthawk if you wish a Samsung Note 7 replacement. By filling out the form you will receive s call from a Samsung representative who can answer all your questions and they will either send you a replacement to your address or to the store you purchased your original device, the choice is yours. Or proceed to your nearest Telus store to pick a different Telus device altogether. There would only be the buyers remorse limit if you wanted to return and end the new contract altogether instead of switching devices.
Mobility Client Care Rep
Techjunkie
Advocate
You are correct on everything EXCEPT the phone call bit. Although it says they will call you in 48hrs, they don't. I THINK they are fulfilling all the ship-to-home requests first (as they don't require a phone call, because you enter your address when you sign up).

After that, they have to call each person individually that registered for the store replacement, and confirm which store they want it shipped to. That is going to take some time. It's faster for people to opt to have it shipped directly to their homes.

I received my replacement on the 15th (shipped to my door).
Brian1
Neighbour
No body is question the world wide message to return the phone. This isnt something that just happened yesterday, the recal has been going on for nearly a month. There is no reason why we arent being told whem we can expect our replacement note 7 to be back to us. In BC we pay some of the highest mobile costs in the world, for that reason alone we should be the first to be informed and the first to receive the note 7 replacements.
Your conveniently forgetting that the loner exchange from telus says get a similar phone to the note 7 while waiting. Somehow that translates to you get whatever we have in stock no matter what the phone is.
Highlighted
Techjunkie
Advocate
It is a gong show. You can phone Samsung 4 times and get a completely different answer from each person who answers. That, and the carriers (store front) have no real idea what's going on. The logistics have been a nightmare, and we are a SMALL market.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Brian1 wrote:
... the recal has been going on for nearly a month.

Closer to three weeks, actually.

@Brian1 wrote:
There is no reason why we arent being told whem we can expect our replacement note 7 to be back to us. In BC we pay some of the highest mobile costs in the world, for that reason alone we should be the first to be informed and the first to receive the note 7 replacements.

There are many reasons - the main one being this is a hot mess for Samsung, and they have not sent the information to the Canadian carriers about dates. I'm pretty certain Telus is neither sitting on a warehouse of safe Note 7s, nor withholding information about availability dates.  That we "pay some of the highest mobile costs in the world" has no bearing on how fast Samsung moves on this issue.

While I recognize your frustration at being without your preferred phone or the past 3 weeks, the outcome is really in Samsung's hands. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Brian1
Neighbour
Nearly a month ...3 weeks boy i am wayyyyy offff.
My frustration is simpliy wanting to know the eta of when i might possibly get my "perfered phone of choice" that ive payed for. If you would actually read what i wrote you might see i just want to know when its expected to sent to me. Ive only asked for an eta and somehow you spin that in to a warhouse full of phones??
Asking for an eta shouldnt get this much of a spin
jayman1973
Helpful Neighbour

I was just on the mobilesyrup.com website which is a Canadian website to find out more about the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, and found out that Samsung has halted production on that phone.  The story goes on to say that there has been 5 cases in the USA of the phone catching fire, there was a 5th replacement Note 7 that started to give off a smoke and a young girl who experienced a burning sensation when she was using the phone.

mclaughlin709
Connector
Ive pretty well jumped the Samsung ship. If the customer service, PR and
ethics had been good, maybe things would be a lot different.
Techjunkie
Advocate

Yep. I have a replacement Note  7 (which oddly is the same production date range as the original defective one), and I no longer trust that it is indeed safe. I have four flights in the next month, and I don't want to deal with the headaches. I want to swap to another device. I wonder if Telus will still honor that even though I have had it replaced under the recall?

JBug
Resident

I called and Telus has no clue about it. I called a couple hours ago and they insisted that the replacements are "safe" and I could not change my  phone. And if I decided to change my phone I would not be able to use my current monthly payment because they could no longer honor what I pay. Just ridiculous. The worst part is that they want me to pay more and I just renewed my contract in August 2016. Get your act together Telus.

I, too, have upcoming flights and I agree with you regarding not wanting to deal with headaches. Just a big mess and inconvenience. Canadian carriers better have a plan soon. 

Techjunkie
Advocate

Samsung has suspended production, and just issued a statement calling for all carriers world wide to stop sales and exchanges. They also said for everyone to power off their devices and not use them, INCLUDING DEVICES ALREADY REPLACED UNDER THE RECALL. They are asking to return them for a full refund, or exchange for a different phone.

Samsung USA has already updated to say this, and I assume Samsung Canada will follow suit shortly. The Note 7 is dead. Telus will have to refund for exchange EVERYONE who owns a Note 7, AS PER SAMSUNG.

I expect they will get internal emails tomorrow morning stating this, along with Samsung updating their site to reflect it.

Info here: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/10/samsung-officially-asks-carrier-and-retail-partners-globally-to-st...

Community Power User
Community Power User

Keep an eye on the official Telus posting about this for updates and instructions, though Samsung won't do much until they officially announce it for Canada, which is why the original recall was later than the USA. The only places they've made announcements before is their official news releases and their Twitter page. I hope they'll likely update them tomorrow since today was a holiday. 

One big downside with the Note 7 is there are no directly comparible devices available currently that I can see being offered. The Galaxy S7 is similar but still smaller. I'm curious what people will choose to get in its place.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Techjunkie
Advocate
It's official now. The best Android device of the year is now officially dead.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-permanently-cancels-galaxy-note-7

The only phone that interests me as a replacement is the Moto Z. Guess I'll be swapping over.
RichP
Advocate

So now what?

I upgraded early to get this phone so had to pay the buy out fee. Then I had to upgrade my mobile plan in order to use this phone and I had to pay for the 2 year contract price out of pocket, PLUS a couple cases from Spigen. So now what? Is Samsung going to reimburse me for all my expenses I have had to endure due to this upgrade? I should NOT be out of pocket for a mistake made by someone else.

mclaughlin709
Connector

I did the same thing. Spent like 100 in accessories but Samsung doesn't give a s$@t.

RichP
Advocate

I did find this on the Samsung webpage.

Link is here.....

http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/samsung-canada-announces-return-process-for-galaxy-note7-device...

This point may be what we are looking for.

"Beginning Thursday, October 13th, Samsung Note7 owners can bring their device to the original Samsung or authorized reseller point of purchase, to:
• Exchange towards a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge device.
• Receive a refund for the Note7 device and Note7 specific accessories. "