Galaxy Note 7 Recall

RichP
Advocate

I am curious on if Telus plans to honor the Samsung recall on the Note 7 and offer up replacement devices pending Samsung's investigation?

Community Power User
Community Power User

A global recall Samsung will have to honor the warranty on the said device. Won't matter what provider you purchased the phone with. Samsung will announce how they will be handling the return of the phone, and also alert Carriers how the exchange program will work.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RichP,

Given the news that has come to light, this is definitely a hot topic for Note 7 owners. We're working with Samsung to establish a replacement process. Once that has been ironed out, we will notify our customers.

Thanks!

mclaughlin709
Connector
Some us carriers are also offering refunds as an option. Hopefully details come soon..
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mclaughlin709 Hope this helps: http://telus.my/note7 

mclaughlin709
Connector
Thanks Dru! Assuming the replacements will most likely take a few weeks or more to get to stores.. then there is the backorder issue (as of last week no stores in my area had even received a note 7)
I have a feeling it may be a long process. Luckily I held onto my nexus 6p.
Techjunkie
Advocate

Will Telus be offering refunds also? For example, I believe Rogers has extended the buyers remorse return window to 30 days with unlimited use for the Note 7.

mclaughlin709
Connector
I spoke with customer care earlier and she mentioned the 15 day window would be extended to 30.
Techjunkie
Advocate

Thanks! Do you know if the usage is also extended?

hbujak
Resident
Sounds like no loaners are available- so just have to keep my Note 7 until replacement is available & hope for the best. Don't want to switch to another phone so have no other option based discussion with Telus store employee.
Community Power User
Community Power User
Try calling another Telus store and see if they have any loaners available.
Techjunkie
Advocate

*Edit* Not valid for our model.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Samsung had said that the problem does not affect all of the Note 7s as they have two battery manufacturers and only one of them has had the issue.

Techjunkie
Advocate
Yep, unfortunately, that manufacturer is in 70% of the phones sold to date.

Also, not every battery pack from that manufacturer is faulty.
Note_7
Resident

Corporate plans purchased through an authorized Telus Dealer have stated to contact Samsung directly for a replacement.   That is unacceptable...spoke to Telus corperate directly and they have stated that you must follow the procedures put in place by the authorized Telus Dealer you dealt with...again, unacceptable.  Completely contradictory to what Telus had stated in terms of a voluntary recall which includes Corporate plans.

mclaughlin709
Connector
I purchased through the telus website and was advised to contact samsung as i have no corporate store within 3 hours of my hometown. Is this too, incorrect?
Techjunkie
Advocate

I have a business plan, and my Telus rep (3rd party Telus authorized business dealer) phoned me the Friday she got the email about the Note recall/replacement, and told me she would call me again when she had my replacement in hand (in a few weeks).

I have spoken to people at Telus' stores and Samsung stores, and each person has a DIFFERENT reply as to whether it's a recall or not, and what to do about it. It's like nobody was fully informed.

I believe from Samsung Canada's end, it's NOT A RECALL, it's a voluntary one time replacement, since our phones are most likely not affected.

I think the recalls are on a carrier level only, and not requested by Samsung.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Samsung issued a GLOBAL Recall. China is the only exception that is excluded. Voluntary replacement just sounds better. Smiley Happy

Techjunkie
Advocate
Yep! Better for PR.
RichP
Advocate

Provide the link on the page from Samsung. I will NOT fill out a form that is from some unknown website.