Data not working after switching to 10gb plan

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hi,

LG G4 originally with Koodo, switched to Telus 10gb / $60 plan and data stopped working.

The guy at the mobile shop (Superstore) deleted old APN and created the new telus one.

24 hrs later still no data.  Is there something that needs to be done in Telus end?

At a loss here.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

There have been some issues with Data and the new plan. Telus will be pushing out a fix soon.

This thread may offer some ideas as to a solution.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Neighbour
I have the same issue exactly.
Koodo to telus. From Mobile shop (superstore), no cell data or service for calls or texts.
...mind you i made the switch to telus 4 hours ago, not 24!
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

There have been some issues with Data and the new plan. Telus will be pushing out a fix soon.

This thread may offer some ideas as to a solution.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident
i ported from public mobile to telus they were awesome people there u gotta go where saves u money
Highlighted
Resident
Hey Im having exact same issue.went from koodo to telus on my lg4. No data or cell service. Any luck?
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Cell and text are fine, just no data, still nothing.

Highlighted
Neighbour
Im at almost 16hrs now and haven't been able to use my phone for cell or cell data.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I deleted the apn twice, turned phone on/off multiple times, took the SIM out.
36 hrs and no data. Lineup yesterday was 136 deep on the chat.
This sucks.

Highlighted
Resident

I'm in the same boat as you. I spent 9hrs trying to get a hold of tech through the chat tool but when I got to 17-25 in line it would crash and i would have to start over. If I figure something out I will share

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Appreciate it!
Highlighted
Neighbour

So how did you get this plan to start with? I have been trying to get a hold of Telus for a week now. The number TO CONTACT US is not available and I am 209 on the list for a live Chat.. This is crazy stupid... lol

Highlighted
Neighbour

And when I try to search for this offer.. Nothing comes up either...

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I had to do it in person at a PC Mobile shop.  Wanted to stay with Koodo and the guy said only over the phone but that no one was going to answer.

My wife had to change to Koodo for the same reason and she also has no data.

Highlighted
Neighbour

What great customer service they are providing.. Almost makes a person go to the competition now doesn't it

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

This article might help with the data/hot spot problems - http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/telus-60-10gb-plan-fix-personal-hotspot-not-working/

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
As mentioned before, the tech at the phone store added a Telus APN as per his procedure. Didn't work. I erased it and added the one as per Telus troubleshooting document. Didn't work. I erased it and tried one from geshin networks. Didn't work. So no data for close to 48 hours.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Update:

Finally got to an agent on chat after 7 hrs and two chat crashes.  

Phone had to be factory reset and it all came back normal with appropriate APN loaded and LTE working right off the bat.

Now I need to spend 1 hr making my phone look similar as to what it was before, resetting up accounts, and making sure all the backups reloaded.

Painful but it works now.

Highlighted
Neighbour
Thanks for the update - that will be my next step.

I spent 2 hours in a Telus store yesterday with them calling Customer Service, Tech Support (and eventually a chat which the other side never replied to us).

Went through all the steps with tech support, and in the end they said 'we tried our best, but it won't work'

What kind of answer is that! It's a Koodo phone on a Telus network. Telus sold the exact same phone, and mine is only 14mths old! My new sim card works on other phones (telus or not), and other sim cards work in mine.... So clearly there is some error with the Sim card talking to the phone. And judging by this thread, its not isolated to me.

...following my 2hrs with Telus, i went back to the shop where i made the change to Telus. He took a look, and chatted with his Telus guy - saying that this is happening to alot of folks, and that Telus will push ot a fix within a day...we'll see
Highlighted
Resident
I talked to a guy today and apparently it's an LG thing. He said they are waiting on a fix but told me not to hold my breath. I did the reset and everything is fine now.