Compatible unlocked phone? Huawei Honor 6X from US

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

kmiles
Organizer

I apologize for bothering you folk but my Nokia 820 (Win10) is restarting constantly and I can get a US unlocked phone. Considering the Huawei Honor 6X and it uses the same nano-SIM as 820.

Here are the Honor 6X's frequency specs - will this be fully or only partially compatible with Telus. Love Telus and will reconsider purchasing other phone if not compatible. Many thanks for your help.

Huawei Honor 6X specs:

Data Transmission Type: EDGE, GPRS, HSDPA, HSPA+, HSUPA, LTE
Wireless Compatibility: Bluetooth, Wireless B, Wireless G, Wireless N
Network Type: GSM
4G LTE Band
12, 2, 20, 4, 5
GSM 2G Frequency
1800, 1900, 850, 900
GSM 3G Frequency
1700, 1900, 2100, 850

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at this link for more detailed information about phone compatibility.  Usually, when dealing with phones sold to the US market, ask if the phone will work with AT&T. If so, it will also work on Telus frequencies.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at this link for more detailed information about phone compatibility.  Usually, when dealing with phones sold to the US market, ask if the phone will work with AT&T. If so, it will also work on Telus frequencies.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

kmiles
Organizer

Thanks

Here is the Honor 6X’s US Carrier Compatibility

AT&T, Go-Phone, Net10, Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, TRACFONE

So this will also work with Telus’ LTE since it covers Band 4 which Telus uses?

Keith

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it'll work in the USA, it'll work in Canada. The phone should be fine. I just needs to be the US version of the phone, not the international one.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
kmiles
Organizer

Thanks so much - Yes it's coming from BestBuy US so it's a US configured device.

Really appreciate your help and confirmation for my upcoming Black Friday purchase.

K