cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible unlocked phone? Huawei Honor 6X from US

kmiles
Organizer

I apologize for bothering you folk but my Nokia 820 (Win10) is restarting constantly and I can get a US unlocked phone. Considering the Huawei Honor 6X and it uses the same nano-SIM as 820.

Here are the Honor 6X's frequency specs - will this be fully or only partially compatible with Telus. Love Telus and will reconsider purchasing other phone if not compatible. Many thanks for your help.

Huawei Honor 6X specs:

Data Transmission Type: EDGE, GPRS, HSDPA, HSPA+, HSUPA, LTE
Wireless Compatibility: Bluetooth, Wireless B, Wireless G, Wireless N
Network Type: GSM
4G LTE Band
12, 2, 20, 4, 5
GSM 2G Frequency
1800, 1900, 850, 900
GSM 3G Frequency
1700, 1900, 2100, 850

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at this link for more detailed information about phone compatibility.  Usually, when dealing with phones sold to the US market, ask if the phone will work with AT&T. If so, it will also work on Telus frequencies.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at this link for more detailed information about phone compatibility.  Usually, when dealing with phones sold to the US market, ask if the phone will work with AT&T. If so, it will also work on Telus frequencies.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Thanks

Here is the Honor 6X’s US Carrier Compatibility

AT&T, Go-Phone, Net10, Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, TRACFONE

So this will also work with Telus’ LTE since it covers Band 4 which Telus uses?

Keith

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it'll work in the USA, it'll work in Canada. The phone should be fine. I just needs to be the US version of the phone, not the international one.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks so much - Yes it's coming from BestBuy US so it's a US configured device.

Really appreciate your help and confirmation for my upcoming Black Friday purchase.

K