Areas of Coverage for my iPhone

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident

I live in the GTA and don't have any problems with my service here.  I have a cottage in the township of North Frontenac near Northbrook ON.  There my service is spotty.  I have trouble sending and receiving emails using my data plan.  My husband uses a Black Berry and his service is through Bell.  He doesn't have the same difficulties. 

Is this because it is "Bell Land"?  Will any new towers be installed that will improve my coverage area?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Likely it is as you surmise. I found similar in Newfoundland - identical phones placed next to one another frequently showed different signal strength on Bell vs. Telus.
Booster antennas are available if you prefer not to switch carriers, and Telus Extend should soon be available and of use to you if you have Wi-Fi at the cottage.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Likely it is as you surmise. I found similar in Newfoundland - identical phones placed next to one another frequently showed different signal strength on Bell vs. Telus.
Booster antennas are available if you prefer not to switch carriers, and Telus Extend should soon be available and of use to you if you have Wi-Fi at the cottage.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Resident

Thank you very much.  We do have Wi-Fi at the cottage.  I don't want to change carriers so this is very helpful to me.