Android Marshmallow Update

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Newfiechick19
Friendly Neighbour

It got changed again, it's now the 18th. Chatted with Telus customer service and they said they have no control over the update schedule. I understand that in the end it's Samsung but the Telus guy I talked to was a jerk. He wouldn't address my LTE issue, and he actually suggested that I go and buy a Nexus if I wanted the update.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Newfiechick19 - I'm currently downloading the Marshmallow update on my S6 Edge.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
darderb
Connector

Update for GS6 was completed this morning. I've been waiting a long time for this update, i'm not really sure why though, my GS6 has been great.

yikes
Resident

Any issues? I updated my GS6 Edge this morning and when someone sends me more than 1 text message in a row the second and subsequent texts are in a blue bubble with white text that is impossible to read. The original text is fine. 

tapin4par
Neighbour

Anyone know the scheduled date for note 4 update?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Samsung has still not yet announced any official upgrades for the Note 4, especially in Canada. Until that happens (likely not for some time) you will need to wait. Samsung is one of the worst device manufacturers in terms of delays in releasing updates for their current flagship devices. They take even longer for older generations of devices (Note 4), if they even bother to update them.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Zaptor99
Connector

Sprint released Note 4 Marshmallow update almost 4 weeks ago, so it can't be all Samsung.  It's Samsung Canada and Carrier delays.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/03/24/galaxy-note-4-marshmallow-update-released-by-sprint/

cryptodon
Connector
Samsung in Canada is so bad they don't bother to update devices they still sell through cell providers. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is still available from Telus but has been left at version 5.0 plus no security updates. There phones ae not worthy of purchase better to buy a Nexus device for your own security.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sprint is the only carrier on this side of the planet with the Note 4 update. The update was released to unlocked phones in India and Korea and Sprint. Only a tiny fraction of the planet has it. None of the other US carriers have it yet either and they'll typically get it before it comes to Canada. 

ttierney1974
Resident
I have the BlackBerry Priv running 5.1.1 .... And was told that telus now has Marshmellow out but yet to be pushed out. How can I get upgraded?
Lotatelus
Resident

Got my marshmallow update today galaxy s5 strange little icons but overall seems to speed up my phone 

mhinc
Ambassador

Hey Telus Admins/Mods,

Curious questions.  Not looking for a date, but will the Galaxy S5 ACTIVE get Marshmallow

and some point?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Samsung always updates the Active series devices last. They are not flagship phones. Plus the S5 Active is, by cell standards, an old phone. Unless Samsung has announced anything, the mobility providers won't be offering the update. So far Samsung has not announced anything yet.

VicNTC2016
Friendly Neighbour

What about the S5 Active? I see GS5 is getting an update but I've not had anything show up on my S5 Active.

Samsung GS5

May 2

Android M Update + Security Update

cryptodon
Connector
The S5 Active has the same hardware as the GS5 there almost identical but is more capable if handling water, dust and other damage. The active was released after the GS5 it is newer than the GS5 my phone was manufactured in 2015.
MICH43L
Resident

So the S5 active is the only pile of garbage not getting the update? Can someone from Telus confirm this?

sanayp
Connector

Do you have the Android M schedule for the month of June yet?

tapin4par
Neighbour

I'm disappointed to see that the Note 4 update was delayed by a week... I hope it just means that you guys found a few bugs to get it right.  

Malek777
Connector
I wonder why the idol3 was taken off the list.
Mrcorey
Neighbour
So do I, considering that the update is rolling out to carrier unlocked devices in the US now. Seems a bit strange. We haven't even had a security update since January.