Android Marshmallow Update

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

No Samsung phones. What a joke. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

The question is, have other carriers already pushed the Android M update to Samsung phones? That would tell us whether this is truly a manufacturer's delay as Telus would have us believe, or a Telus delay... 

Highlighted
Connector

@RKinMTL @ogre It doesn't look like Bell and Rogers have posted their update times for the Galaxy lines either...

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hoping the M8 update will still be on schedule for this thursday!

Highlighted
Connector

Screenshot_2016-02-01-20-57-39-1.pngWhich means Telus will push it out around the end of February or March.

Highlighted
Connector

Installed android m on lg g4. It has fixed my skipping audio on bluetooth!

Highlighted
Connector

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

What is the validity of that document posted above by @THE61X?

It's dated 29 October 2015, which makes me doubt it's applicable to this thread about Telus in Canada...?

Highlighted
Resident

So will the HTC One m9 actually be getting the marshmallow update tomorrow? Or will we all just be getting excited for nothing again? Please respond and let us know if the update will still be rolling out tomorrow. Also, is it 6.0 or 6.0.1?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news everyone! Update for HTC M8, and M9 will be released tomorrow. It will roll out gradually for all our customers. 

We will follow up later with the build number. 

Highlighted
Resident

Thank you for your fast response I appreciate it. Will the update start rolling out at midnight tonight or is there a certain time the gradual roll out will start?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I know what I'll be doing all day tomorrow, checking for the update on my M8. Haha. Finally!!

Highlighted
Resident

Can you please roll it out right at midnight? My boyfriend has been talking about this update nonstop for weeks.. Save me! Haha

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Moto X Play has not seen Android M update yet even though the update came out in December 2015.

Does the TELUS system only give the update once per SIM card?

Original Moto X Play got update in December 2015, then had warranty issue.

Replacement Moto X Play with same SIM card has still not gotten the Android M update.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I can confirm that the M8 update has been pushed out!! Downloading it now!

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

@Plaq it looks live it's only Android 6.0 for my m8 at least, but I will confirm that once I have the update installed

Highlighted
Connector

@dustinjkeller Just got the update myself (downloading now), the build number was there and I thought it said 6.0, but don't quote me on it! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

@Claystation3 if it is only the 6.0 I hope they update to 6.0.1 soon. I want a couple of the added features that they put in to it, like the added 200+ emojis so I can see all of them from an iPhone user. I didn't pay attention really when the prompt came up to update, I was too excited to read it and just pressed install haha.

Highlighted
Connector

@dustinjkeller Haha...me too!!! Been waiting too long for this to read some update jargon!

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Screenshot_20160204-094509.png

Android 6.0

Sense 7

For m8

Highlighted
Connector

Samsung officially rolling out Marshmellow 6.0.1 to Galaxy S6 Devices.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Can anyone substantiate what @THE61X wrote above? My GS6 has yet to get the update (and, as an aside, it would be pretty laughable if the Android M update came to our devices before Telus even had the courtesy to update us on this forum). 

Highlighted
Connector
Samsung said it depends on the carrier and location, as to when we receive it.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It will also be distributed in waves so it doesn't overwhelm their servers. Some users may get the update before others but if it is actually out, it likely won't be long. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Connector

Screenshot_2016-02-17-20-56-38-1.png

Highlighted
Connector

Aside from the physical difference with the Galaxy series of phones, what is really the difference between them? Why would the S6 have a target launch date that is almost 1 month behind that of the S6 Edge?

Highlighted
Connector

The latest release schedule from Telus shows that for the S6 Edge the target launch date is March 16. If you are a S6 user (like myself) the target launch date shows April 13. It would be nice if they were both released the same day, but there must be enough of a difference in the OS itself to delay the S6 an extra month.

Highlighted
Connector

The target launch dates for the Galaxy series of phones has arrived!

http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

It is probably a longer wait than we all had hoped for, but it will be here soon.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, there is enough of a difference in the S6 and S6edge, that Bell is rolling out Wi-Fi calling on the S6 to their market place, but not yet on the S6edge.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

This may be a dumb question,  is wifi calling available currently through Telus for the S6 or Edge?