Android Marshmallow Update

Neighbour

Android Marshmallow Update

What about the Moto X 2014? Motorola says the device for carrier TELUS will receive Android M.

See here: https://motorola-global-portal-en-ca.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1975

152 REPLIES 152
Ambassador

Nice to see Telus getting Android N out so quick on the Nexus.  Hope the S6 isn't a super long wait this time around.

greetings,

sm-a500w.....

marshmallow 6.0.1 available or "nada"?

thanks!

🙂

Currently it's not appearing on the road map. You can learn more about the cycle here .

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

Your Software Update Life-Cycle states that you release new software 4 weeks to 6 months after release. ANDROID N was released on August 22nd, 2016. Today is February 25th, 2017. Over 6 months, and there's not even a scheduled date! For the Galaxy S6. What's the story. When will we see Android N????
Community Power User

Just an FYI this is the discussion for the Marshmallow update. Please direct all responses to the existing discussion for the Nougat update.

@mhinc - Samsung hasn't released the update yet. Please watch Samsung Canada's new page or twitter for any announcements. To date Samsung has not hinted at anything but the S7, which also has not yet had the update announced or released in Canada yet.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Helpful Neighbour

I have Galaxy S7 edge and still didn't receive an update, I believe this delay is coming from Samsung Canada not from TELUS 

S7 edge 7.0 updated March 19th

Helpful Neighbour

Any new updates for Android 6.0.1 for Galaxy note 4? Activesync stopped working after I update my phone:(

Connector

I wonder why the idol3 was taken off the list.
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've had to revise the target date and only recently learned what the new target will be. Will be updating our schedule shortly 🙂

So, 2 weeks from today. Hopefully, it will roll out as scheduled, then. I really would like to see 5.0.2 hit the road.

So do I, considering that the update is rolling out to carrier unlocked devices in the US now. Seems a bit strange. We haven't even had a security update since January.
Resident

Got my marshmallow update today galaxy s5 strange little icons but overall seems to speed up my phone 

Connector

Do you have the Android M schedule for the month of June yet?

Neighbour

My LG G3 is upgrading to Marshmallow as I'm typing this.  This is awesome! 

Thank you LG!  Thank you Telus!

Resident

Marshmallow On Moto E2 today! ...was so badly waiting for this. Thanks Telus and Motorola!

Neighbour

I'm disappointed to see that the Note 4 update was delayed by a week... I hope it just means that you guys found a few bugs to get it right.  

Ambassador

Hey Telus Admins/Mods,

Curious questions.  Not looking for a date, but will the Galaxy S5 ACTIVE get Marshmallow

and some point?

Community Power User

Samsung always updates the Active series devices last. They are not flagship phones. Plus the S5 Active is, by cell standards, an old phone. Unless Samsung has announced anything, the mobility providers won't be offering the update. So far Samsung has not announced anything yet.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk Apparently you were wrong and should maybe keep your mouth shut and let the MODS actually answer questions you are not sure of.

I get you want to help, but please if you don't know, don't answer.  Your response was 100% incorrect as my Wife is now updated to Marshmallow on her S5 Active.

Again, let the mods do their job, that's who I asked.  Not you