Android Marshmallow Update

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Reubenvm
Resident
What happened to the G3 marshmallow update? Why was it removed?
Highlighted
mamemame187
Connector

What happened to the LG G3 update for March 16th?

AhmedElMawazini
Resident
What happened to the LG G3, it just disappeared???
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mamemame187 @AhmedElMawazini 
We are currently awaiting the software from the OEM for the LG G3. We are hoping to release it in early April. 

mamemame187
Connector

@RhoLee Thank you.

Larkstarr
Resident

Is there any word on when the Note 4 is going to be updated to Marshmallow?

Arth
Resident
Note 5 was supposed get it today but haven't seen it till 10 am so it might be later during the day
bodryker
Connector

Still nothing.  I am hoping by end of day??

Craziekev
Resident
Nothing on my note 5 @ 1:30 pm est. No updates on if it's been delayed either. Im eager to get this on my device!
Yanis_Sauve
Neighbour

The same here.  Just checked and still nothing on my Note 5.

ara
Resident

I own a Samsung Note 5. Did anyone get the Marshmallow update? I am waiting for it

bodryker
Connector

Nothing so far.  Anyone with an S6 Edge get it yet?  Note 5 might be a bust today ... 

Emrecan127
Neighbour
Nothing my note 5 too :/
MBoTechno
Resident

It's delayed. Again.

March 25th now. 

Oh, and I bet my March 24th they'll delay again and tell us it's coming on the 31st.

March 9th --> 13th --> 16th --> 25th...

drewhosick
Connector
This is ridiculous. I bought a Nexus 6 cause it gets updated quickly. Then a warranty issue pops up and I'm sent the Note 5. It's a nice phone but cripes I had a Nexus cause I liked the updates and now you guys can't get your act together. It's total bs. How the heck do you delay the release again on the day it's set to roll out and you wait till 5pm to announce that. Get your freakin act together!
SkyNet
Resident

Don't expect it to be released on 25 - that's a statutory holiday. Telus should get its act together.

Kenv
Connector

What the heak is taking so long? Software updates have been moved back 3 times now. If there is a set date keep that date. You guys are worse than Microsoft. Release it already. The G6 date better not change. its been long enough Android N is out now. Marshmallow has been out for 6 months now and no way it should be taking this long.

scowlingatmonday
Connector
@Kenv Don't forget N is just an alpha developer non-daily-driver version. And it's Nexus only. These guys do their best to get stuff done. If you wanted fast updates, you should have gotten a Nexus.
mhinc
Ambassador

Ridiculous is an understatement.  The update has been out since October.  I get the in house testing.  I understand, but the fact the S6 is Delayed is a complete piss off as a customer.  This is just one issue with Telus on a list of numerous issues, lies from customer support, and trouble tickets out the butt.

I am so fed up with your service, support and lack there off.

As much as I HATE Bell, I will be switching when my contract is up, I have given Telus enough of my money, time and chances

MBoTechno
Resident

April 7th for the Note 5!?!

Come on! April 5th marks the 6 months anniversary of the release of Android M. Can't get the update in for the latest Samsung flagship in 6 months?