cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not compatible: AC86U & T3200M?

WannaBeTech
Friendly Neighbour

I just bought the Asus AC86U yesterday and planning to return it to best buy and get the 68U instead due to some issues :(. B4 i had my asus N66U connected as wan to t1200h wan with no issues whatsoever and getting around 30mbps on my 25mbps plan through wifi. Also i hooked up my optiktv boxes to my router by enabling IGMP to reduce the workload of the t1200h. however on my t3200m which i connect as Wan to Wan on my AC86U when i tried to hookup my tv boxes on the router the tv signal will cut off immediately for ex: tv shows pictures then it will immediately goes black and doesnt say tv lost signal just black screen & the wifi only delivers 18mbps instead of 25mbps  But now i upgraded to a 75mbps plan and spoke to a technician he is coming over tomorrow to add a new dsl line cuz he mention it requires 2 dsl lines for 75mbps and he also said that he don't recommend t3200m hooked up to any router cuz of stability issues & its better off alone so instead he will replace my t1200h w/ a t2200h. But i didn't mention that my t3200m is preowned my cousin just gave it to me. The only downside that my cousin told me was the wifi of t3200m.as of now Im using my N66U & T3200M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The WAN to WAN connection might be a problem. Try LAN to WAN instead.

Leave your TV on the Actiontec device.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The WAN to WAN connection might be a problem. Try LAN to WAN instead.

Leave your TV on the Actiontec device.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

WannaBeTech
Friendly Neighbour

do i still need to enable the portbridging on my t3200m when doing the Lan to wan?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not necessarily. A number of people have their router connected to port 1 on the T3200 and have not bridged the T3200. I'm one of them. I've had no issues with what I've been doing on my network.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank u very much nftobc & nighthawk Smiley Very Happy. Now i hooked up my A86U Wan to the LAN1 of T3200M and the optiktv boxes on the T3200M  so far everything's running smoothly and ive set my TV to 1080i and the 2.4ghz getting around 22mbps, wired connection is at 26mbps-30mbps max while the 5ghz is only getting 18mbps avg i think i just have a lil bit of tweaking to do on my AC86U to achieve the 5ghz band max speed. I think i'll keep the T3200M instead of the t2200h that the tech will replace tomorrow. Cheers!